Barometric Pressure Sensor SES Light

MikeDSVT

Established Member
My SES light is on....last time i ran it through a scanner ti tols me it was the Barometric Pressure Sensor.

Now what is this and waht does it do? And has anyone else eevr had this problem?

Extended warranty cover this?

I thinkthe sensor is used to monitor barometric pressure assosiated with the altitude of the vehicle and adjusts certain things liek a/f accordingly.....

But then again im not sure?

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
It is used to take a temp./baro reading when you start the truck.

When I put my truck back together I got a light for the Baro/MAP sensor. I checked over all my wiring and found the sensor was bad. I ordered a new one and it solved my problem.

If you can get data w/ your scanner, the sensor should read 153-159 hz or so.

Also, extended warranties other than Ford will not cover sensors/electical component failures. As long as you bought the warranty from Ford you should be good.

Last edited:

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
smkSHO said:
My SES light is on....last time i ran it through a scanner ti tols me it was the Barometric Pressure Sensor.

Now what is this and waht does it do? And has anyone else eevr had this problem?

Extended warranty cover this?

I thinkthe sensor is used to monitor barometric pressure assosiated with the altitude of the vehicle and adjusts certain things liek a/f accordingly.....

But then again im not sure?

your Baro sensor is actually your MAF sensor. the sensor just calculates the baro reading for the PCM. replace the MAF and it sould be covered under esp if you bought the premium care or extra care packages..

Users who are viewing this thread