Barrett Jackson Scottsdale '15 Pics

MFE

Established Member
Do you happen to know what the sharpie'd numbers on the "sold" stickers on sold cars? This is the first year I've seen it, and I assumed they were sale prices, and a lot of them seemed criminally low. I looked up a few that I took pictures of on the website afterward, and only one of them was exactly 10% under the listed selling price, which would indicate that it was sold price not including buyer's commission. But I distinctly remember the sticker on the 96 Mystic Cobra said $15k, while the website said something like $24k. I remember $4.7k on the Saab Pikes Peak race car, but the website said something like $9.7k. Were they starting bids or something?

Jefe

Established Member
I didnt notice that on any of them. On the windshield? The 96 Cobra went for $15k, site shows $16.5k so that must be correct

MFE

Established Member
I didnt notice that on any of them. On the windshield? The 96 Cobra went for $15k, site shows $16.5k so that must be correct

LOL...the numbers are different on the site now. Yes, the sold cars had a "SOLD" sticker on the windshield and each one had a small hand-written dollar number on it. So they WERE the sales price. Unbelievable how low some real nice cars went for.

Last edited:

scottL

Established Member
Where were these? I went all over and never found them. Ive seen them at past auctions so it wasn't a big deal.

I went Saturday and saw them in the auction vehicle display tent near one of the food courts on the north side. They were both in the Ron Pratte collection.

scottL

Established Member
Do you happen to know what the sharpie'd numbers on the "sold" stickers on sold cars? This is the first year I've seen it, and I assumed they were sale prices, and a lot of them seemed criminally low. I looked up a few that I took pictures of on the website afterward, and only one of them was exactly 10% under the listed selling price, which would indicate that it was sold price not including buyer's commission. But I distinctly remember the sticker on the 96 Mystic Cobra said $15k, while the website said something like $24k. I remember $4.7k on the Saab Pikes Peak race car, but the website said something like $9.7k. Were they starting bids or something?

LOL...the numbers are different on the site now. Yes, the sold cars had a "SOLD" sticker on the windshield and each one had a small hand-written dollar number on it. So they WERE the sales price. Unbelievable how low some real nice cars went for.

The sharpie'd numbers written on the sold stickers are the final hammer price not including buyer/seller commission. I read the buyers' premium is 10% and the sellers commission is 8%. These numbers could have changed since 2008:
http://www.hotrod.com/events/coverage/0806phr-barrett-jackson-auction/

waggs

icy.i see.eye sea.icee.
Established Member
Loved going to bj when I lived in phx. Met Jay Leno there a few years back. Any one of those cars would stand out big time in a parking lot but being all together makes it hard to take in how badass they really are. Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread