barrett-jackson

lvecobras

Established Member
There is a car under wraps from ford and hasnt been uncovered, which is suppose to be unwrapped tonite around 8pm eastern, not sure exactly what time though. its suppose to be auctioned today 3-31-07. The announcers havent said what car it is, but the outline shows it to be a mustang, my money is on the new KR. any takers lol. jay

ELITE1

addicted to SVTP
Established Member
I heard somewhere that it was a Shelby GT vert or the GT500 40th annv. car, we'll see?

crazyhorse06

Established Member
I'd like to go register as a bidder just so I could punch Ron Pratte in the stomach.

For those of you that don't know, he is the guy that keeps paying $600,000 for the first Shelby's that are being sold to the public. He will prob buy this one, too.

Ron Pratte,is a consunmmer that knows what he want's in life,and has the denearos,too go with it. There's nothing wrong with Ron being able too afford these high dollar Toys for Big Boys. So let's not get on his case,at least he's keeping the market up for us guys that are Mustang Freaks. Let's be thankful for buyers as Ron Pratte. He's doping a lot for Carol Shelby Heart Foundation and believe it or not for the future of all MUSTANGS. Whether it's a V-6/4.6/5.0/5.4/7.0/289/302/351.390/427/290/200-v6/428/429,and on on. I'm sure i missed some engines. He's helping us every time he bids on a mustang [believe it or not] just my opnion!!!!

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
I could have sworn that the auctioneer said let's sell you the opportunity to buy vin number one.

So, the $250K is just a donation to Shelby's charity, and you still have to buy the car on top of that?

InfiniteWill

Established Member
IEatGt's said:
I could have sworn that the auctioneer said let's sell you the opportunity to buy vin number one.

So, the $250K is just a donation to Shelby's charity, and you still have to buy the car on top of that?

That is what I heard as well. The commentators said that this would be the only GT-H Convert. that would be sold directly to the public. All of the other V.I.N.s would be sold to and rented by Hertz first.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
Ron Pratte,is a consunmmer that knows what he want's in life,and has the denearos,too go with it. There's nothing wrong with Ron being able too afford these high dollar Toys for Big Boys. So let's not get on his case,at least he's keeping the market up for us guys that are Mustang Freaks. Let's be thankful for buyers as Ron Pratte. He's doping a lot for Carol Shelby Heart Foundation and believe it or not for the future of all MUSTANGS. Whether it's a V-6/4.6/5.0/5.4/7.0/289/302/351.390/427/290/200-v6/428/429,and on on. I'm sure i missed some engines. He's helping us every time he bids on a mustang [believe it or not] just my opnion!!!!
I disagree Randy. He may be helping the seller of the Mustangs, but, the buyers are getting screwed. He is driving the market up. How many times have you seen the quote about the first Shelby selling for more than $600,000 in an ad for the car? Dealers are using that fact to apply extra pressure to the buyer and getting them to pay (and sustain) ADMs.

Users who are viewing this thread