Barton shifter bracket

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
Just installed, took 5mins once car was jacked up.
This thing is worth more then its current value. The difference in shifter play is day and night over stock. Highly recommend.
Sorry no pics of install i dont have a good camera :(
a689895b-9ec1-4f28.jpg

Stock vs barton

Tools needed
10mm deep socket
12" extension
Rachet
3/16 allen key

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.717097,-73.983465

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
same here. im just adding this to my oem shifter and want to see how it feels. if i like it enough it will save me from buying a whole new shifter. i never did mind the oem length of the throws. just didnt like the sloppy feel is all.

Reno Five-O

Established Member
I went with the bracket+shifter, I love it. I keep the stock bracket in my trunk to show other 5.0 owners I meet how much of a pos it is when they ask me about my barton.

twistedneck

Established Member
all the bracket did for me was increase gear noise, i opted for the stiffer bushing in the steeda kit. I'm hoping that a trans fluid change will help it shift more freely. even the SCCA World Challenge guys said Boss 302S in the GTS class had horrid shifting until they somehow linked the shifter directly to the trans so that it was not floating with the body and floating with the trans simultaniously.

Fluid is another band aid that probably wont help much due to the design flaw, but why not!

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
My biggest issue with the stock shifter was deflection. I can shift it plenty fast, I was just experiencing too much flex when trying to really rip a shift. I have not missed a shift since I installed the Barton bracket on the stock shifter. There is some increased trans noise, but my Mustang has an abundance of noise, vibrations and rattles anyway. LOL.

Mike

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Yeah I went with the Black stiffer bushing as well when I installed my Steeda Bracket.
No problem with noise, Vibration or Harmonics in my situation...... works GREAT!

pohnjarker

Established Member
i tried to put my front and back on ramps, individually, and get to it but it seems to be in the exact middle where i cant get to it.

how high did you jack it up to get to it??? i have had this part for a few months now and would like to do it when i get home in a couple days.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I had to use jackstands to get the front high enough. Ramps did not work. Even then, it was a bit of a squeeze.

Mike

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
looks like i'll be trying that out once i get home, thanks bud

No problem. Also, be patient. There is not a great deal of room to work and it may take you a while to get it all put together. It took me a good hour to get mine in. Would have taken 5 minutes with a lift!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread