basanni midlenghts header?

marcul29

Established Member
I'm about to get this for my 99 cobra and I was wondring if you guys that already have this headers in theres car has seen what kind of inprovements as far as HP and TQ. My car is NA with the basic boltons, like JLT RAI, pully's, Basanni BX x-pipe/borla stinger cat back, 4.30 gears. Do you think they are worth the money? any feedback will be appreciated. thanks in advance.

TD91GT

Established Member
the install is a pita but it made good power a went from 287 hp to 316 with headers and a aluminum flywheel. good luck

Its worth it, if you are doing the headers yourself or are going to ahve the motor pulled soon. I had a set installed when a new motor was going in the car. Had a full Bassani setup and I also gained about 30rwhp. And the sound from my exhaust was ungodly. It gives the x and catback an almost hard to describe sound that will seduce you in your sleep.

masalacobra

01 Cobra
Established Member
The k member drop is easier... But do recommend that you seat your gaskets real well. Sucks when you bolt it all on and one is leaking...very hard to get back if your k-member is re-installed.

Good luck

marcul29

Established Member
let me ask you guys another questions, do you have to use a different x-pipe for this headers in orther to work or not, like shorter them the regulars, because right now I have the BX x-pipe with the remobables cats, and I'm wondering if this is going to work with this headers? supid question but I just need reafirmation.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The headers come with pipes that are designed to work with Bassani's 5 piece x-pipe. You can have those pieces welded onto to your BBK pipe so that you don't have to buy a whole new mid pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread