Bassani 2.5 Cat back Poor

Black10thSVT

Established Member
Yes I did a search.

Here is whats going on. I polished a new Bassani cat back. When I pulled off my magnaflow, I saw my diff was leaking more than I had thought. I would only get a few drops when I parked it. Well after looking at the magnaflow the fluid that was leaking was running on top of the exhaust, and caking on when I drove. Fixed the leak and installed the FTBR front and rear diff mounts.

When I went to put the Bassani on, every thing went fine untill I tried to install the rear tubes. First I had to fight like hell to get both rubber mounts on. Which scratched the hell out of it. But the scratches are on to so I can live with that. Once both side where on I checked clearance by the diff. The driver side is almost hitting it, maybe a 1/8 inch clearance. The passenger side is solid on the Billetflow brace. My magnaflow fit just fine. Cant understand it. Im mad as hell.

Has anyone ever run into this?

Think I might have to grind on the Billetflow brace?

I did put new rubber hangers (isolators) on. But this should not have made that much of a differance.
Are the isolators the same on an IRS car and stick axle?
I bought aftermarket ones from LRS.

Help/input would be great. I hope I didnt do all this work for a piss poor fitting exhaust.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
The bassani c/b is a pain to work with honestly. I keep dish soap in the garage just for that purpose.

You should be able to adjust the pipes individually at the muffler and tips to get them to fit properly. You can also move the pipes forward and back slightly depending on where you need them to go.

There is plenty of play, just gotta work with it.

Badd Asp

cobra *****
Established Member
use the new Diff cover from A/M, Better repair no fitment issues and ZERO leaks and less expensive

Black10thSVT

Established Member
The bassani c/b is a pain to work with honestly. I keep dish soap in the garage just for that purpose.

You should be able to adjust the pipes individually at the muffler and tips to get them to fit properly. You can also move the pipes forward and back slightly depending on where you need them to go.

There is plenty of play, just gotta work with it.

Forward and back is not the problem. Its like the mounting brackets are too short.

Black10thSVT

Established Member
....any new results??

Ground the crap out of the billetflow brace. That got me the clearance on the passenger side I needed. The driver side is still a little close. I got under each isolator and pulled myself up. In hopes that it would stretch them a little. It seamed to help a bit. Now it looks like when I get every thing snuged up, I should be able to get it close to where I want it.

If I would have known where it would come in contact I would have taped it before trying the install. Now that I know The tape seamed to of helped. Good thing all the scratches are on top where you may never see them.

7thplace

Established Member
bassani

I just installed the 2.5 but i did the sra swap at the same time so it seemed to be a fine fit for the sra. i could see where the irs would rub though

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Here's a pic with my 3" Bassani CB I just installed...glad yours is on!

49.jpg

48.jpg

47.jpg

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
How does the 3" Bassani sound? I guess it doesn't mean that much to me since I'm turbo but that is the catback I'm leaning towards.

Funny... I always heard the 3" Bassani wouldn't fit with the BF brace, oh well..

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
How does the 3" Bassani sound? I guess it doesn't mean that much to me since I'm turbo but that is the catback I'm leaning towards.

Funny... I always heard the 3" Bassani wouldn't fit with the BF brace, oh well..

....Don't want to take too much away from the OP's thread...but here's a small clip I made in the garage with the car 22-inches off the ground! ...Car has a 2-1/2" O/R Bassani X pipe also (just took off my Flowmaster's) :burnout:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4pwv_wEFGQ"]YouTube - New 3" Bassani CB Exhaust system[/nomedia]

Black10thSVT

Established Member
Finaly got it all snuged up today. It 100 times better now. I took a while getting every thing the way I wanted. getting in and out from under the car was hassel but when you are by yourself thats what ya gotta do. Gonna grab a buddy to help me get it exactly where I want it. Ill try to get some pics up in a day or so.

You guys that have them. Did you take the baffel out of the tip, or leave them in. I pulled mine out. Going to try it without for while. If it to loud Ill put them back.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Finaly got it all snuged up today. It 100 times better now. I took a while getting every thing the way I wanted. getting in and out from under the car was hassel but when you are by yourself thats what ya gotta do. Gonna grab a buddy to help me get it exactly where I want it. Ill try to get some pics up in a day or so.

You guys that have them. Did you take the baffel out of the tip, or leave them in. I pulled mine out. Going to try it without for while. If it to loud Ill put them back.

Cool...I knew you'd get it!! :beer: ...any pics or clips yet?

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Yes post pics. You too Tim......some further away ones. I like my pipes LEVEL, looks like Tims may be angled somewhat. :read:

Black10thSVT

Established Member
Dont mean to bring up old stuff, but I finaly had time to get a few pics up.

Still cant get the driver tail pipe straight, so it will do for now.

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3646.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg

IMG_3655.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

IMG_3733.jpg

IMG_3733.jpg

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3725.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread