Bassani 3" cat-back questions

04 Red Cobra

Established Member
I was wondering how the fit is with the 3" system over the 2.5" system. Does the system also come with the baffles like the 2.5 system and does it sound any different? If anyone had any pictures that would be great.

rtusnake

Established Member
I just installed mine. It fits really well to be a 3" system. It does hit my irs brace but it doesn't have anywhere else to go. Fits much better than my 3" mac I had at one time. Also it does come with baffles

EJ23

Established Member
Yea get a video!

I'll try and get one of mine when the new engines in.

Should sound sick!!

rtusnake

Established Member
Here is a vid from the track today

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VsUAaoSFcQ]YouTube - 001[/ame]

04 Red Cobra

Established Member
Wow that sounded great and what a nice run great times. I look forward to seeing some pictures. Thanks again for sharing.

rtusnake

Established Member
Yeah its kooks 1 7/8 longtubes, kooks o/r x and baffles out of the bassani catback. I took the baffles out because it was blowing the fiberglass out of them

04 Red Cobra

Established Member
Do you have any ground clearance issues with the 3" exhaust? I was wondering how much clearance this setup would have with H&R springs. Thanks for the input some pictures would be great.

jleach1985

Established Member
I'm also thinking about picking one up this weekend. Was wondering how much better it was than the 2.5" and if there were any clearance issues with IRS, ground, etc.

rtusnake

Established Member
This exhaust actually tucks up better than my old 2.5 setup. Haven't scraped on anything yet and my car is low. Will be awhile before I can get some pics. Broke a halfshaft and they car doesn't move right now lol

jleach1985

Established Member
Just to revive the thread and answer the original question...

I installed my Bassani catted X and Bassani 3" catback (with baffles). The fitment was pretty good. It definitely tucks up better than that Magnaflow. No scraping issues yet, unlike the Magnaflow. Only problem, it rubs my IRS brace like rtusnake said.

Users who are viewing this thread