Bassani at idle or Stinger at Idle

cobramark

Established Member
I am switching from Bassani Exhaust to Stinger. I heard Stinger is louder then Bassani at WOT. What about at idle and putting around town. Basically I want my car louder. I currently have the Bassani X-pipe and will be running it with the Stinger. Thoughts on this guys! Anybody have a clean sound clip of a Stinger exhaust with Bassani x-pipe. Also am I losing power with doing a X-pipe with Stingers?

D-Cobra

Established Member
well... the stinger in my opinion is definitely louder.

personally, i have the bassani and i actually love it. reason to that is i like my car to be loud enough but still maintain a decent quiet.

just my .02 :)

Steeda1

Established Member
I could use some vids/sound clips as well. I ordered the stingers from xtreme friday and plan on picking up a bassani o/r X from Dugan racing on the way home from work next friday. :coolman:

99GTCONV

Established Member
Originally posted by cobramark
I am switching from Bassani Exhaust to Stinger. I heard Stinger is louder then Bassani at WOT. What about at idle and putting around town. Basically I want my car louder. I currently have the Bassani X-pipe and will be running it with the Stinger. Thoughts on this guys! Anybody have a clean sound clip of a Stinger exhaust with Bassani x-pipe. Also am I losing power with doing a X-pipe with Stingers?

Even though you probably don't care I just thought I'd let you know that I am doing just the opposite. I have the Borla Stinger Catback with a Bassani Catted x-pipe and I am selling the Borla Stinger catback and getting the Bassani Street Competition catback. Why you say? Personally, I like the Borla Stinger with the Stock H cause with an X-pipe it gets high pitch and at times just be loud an lack all tone whatsoever. Another thing is i have 4.10 FRPP gears and the DRONE is UNBEARABLE. It was tolerable before the gears and now with Gears its unbearable. So just a word to the wise I hope you like DRONE cause you're gonna have plenty of it with or without Gears.

venams03

Established Member
Can I buy just the stinger mufflers and are they 3 inch. I'd like to swap them in my QMP system to see how they'd sound...

rezcobra

Established Member
Cobramark, if you want loud go with the new SLP, they are friggin loud! Sounds like a big block muscle car. The vid they have on here doesn't do it justice, you gotta hear in person. Good hp gain too.

IOPNER

Black Crazy
Established Member
If you want loud, go with the Stock Catback with the mufflers cut out. If you have a x pipe too, it will be insanly loud like mine is now. I have a clip of the Stock H with the stock Catback with straight pipes welded in if some one can host it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread