Bassani baffles in or out?

Blackcobra

Established Member
I found negligible gain with tailpipe baffles out, although maybe that will change when I change the pulley on the supercharger. It is noticeably louder with baffles out so I'm thinking I'll leave them in to appease the neighbors. But if folks think baffles out makes more than negligible power - particularly with the pulley change or other mods - then the neighbors will just have to insulate their windows. Any other thoughts on baffles in or out regarding power, noise, or other?

skstang

Established Member
Took mine out just for sound differences. Did not notice any difference in power. I did not like the sound with them in.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I saw an 8 HP gain at the rear wheels with them out on the dyno. I put them back in though because of noise with them out.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
More of a drone with baffles out. The tone with them in definitely changed with more miles. Car had more of a euro sound at first. It became deeper like a typical stang exhaust over time and drone went away.

Exhaust is still a lot louder than stock. It's fun to watch heads on the street turn as you accelerate.

Users who are viewing this thread