Bassani Cats Gone Bad

whydaman

Established Member
I know that everyone is suprised by this, as I know that the old Bassani X Pipes with cats were notorious for going bad. Has anyone encountered this problem and replaced the cats as opposed to the whole x pipe? If so, which cats did you go with and how lighter was your wallet afterward?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
The Magnaflow high flow cats are reasonable and durable replacements.

Random Technologies would be a nice alternative as well; a lot of the GM guys use them with great success.

hyperider

Established Member
how can you tell your cats are bad??? want to know cause i have the same set up, bassani w/ cats and cat back. on mine you can take out the cats and put a straight pipe in place of the cats it cut off before and after the cats and intalled w/ clams.

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
how can you tell your cats are bad??? want to know cause i have the same set up, bassani w/ cats and cat back. on mine you can take out the cats and put a straight pipe in place of the cats it cut off before and after the cats and intalled w/ clams.

Wouldn't clams stink up the exhaust?
:lol:

CEE1NG_RED

Established Member

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
If you have a major exhaust restriction, if the underbody temperature of your car seems awfully hot, an extreme sulphur smell, hit the cats with a rubber mallet or fist and see if you hear sounds of broken substrate inside the pipes/cats.

Rob Nelson

Established Member
The new cats are great from bassani and have great flow. They replaced the old style with the newer bullet style since the old ones were blowing out. Get a newer set of bullet style cats and you should be fine.

hyperider

Established Member
If you have a major exhaust restriction, if the underbody temperature of your car seems awfully hot, an extreme sulphur smell, hit the cats with a rubber mallet or fist and see if you hear sounds of broken substrate inside the pipes/cats.

the only symptoms i got is the underbody where the shifter and hand brake area gets freaking hot! ibut no restriction or smell. 'll try hitting the cats and see if i hear something.

CobraRyan

Banned
when my cats went bad i could hear the little metal peices rattling inside the cat. Just like someone said about hitting it with a mallet, except i heard it while driving.

trey193

Established Member
I have a new style set that I have for sale. I went offroad and have no use for these! PM Me if anyone needs them. Thanks Trey

Users who are viewing this thread