Bassani CB owners:

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
To those who removed the baffles, what method did you use? I can't seem to figure a nice clean way to get a grip on them and take them out :shrug:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
I assume you took the locking screw out! :poke:
Ok here it goes.
Put a glove on for protection, shove your hand in there and twist while pulling out. Sounds weird!
It worked for me.

JP :beer:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I had a set on my 02gt, they came out 1-2-3. The ones on my cobra were a bitch to get out. I had to use a small pair of needle nose pliers on the top (inbetween the baffle and the tailpipe) and used my hand on the bottem...kinda twisted out a bit. Friggin annoying!

Dans03C

Established Member
Bassni baffels

I took the set screw out and just threaded it in to the baffel. Then i got my slid hammer hooked in around the screw and bam it came right out.

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
Raging Rio said:
I've always wondered....do those baffles really makes a difference in the sound?

Do they really quiet it down? just curious.... :idea:
I didn't really notice a difference, it might have sounded alittle cleaner and not as raspy, but as far as WOT, it sounded the same with them in or out.
I blew out the fiberglass in the baffles about 10 minutes after putting them in. :) I guess the exhaust gas was moving fast enough to pull the fiberglass right out. It looked like parachutes coming out of my tailpipe.

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
I had a hard time taking it out using gloves. I bought the kit used so there was already a nice coat of carbon deposit. And of course I took the set screw out, but thanks for pointing that out. I might've been a goon and I'm sure it'll help someone else down the line.

For some reason I didn't even think about using needlenose pliers. Too bad I lost my only one :(

I actually bought a set of baffles off eBay hoping it'd fit on my GT, but I totally missed the fact that it's a 4" tailpipe as opposed to the 3.5" on the Magnaflow. Any takers?

Dans03C, I really like that idea. I didn't even notice that was possible. I'll try that.

Thanks, everyone, for your input!

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Mike, I stuck a pipe wrench into the exhaust and it caught on the baffles and I was able to twist and pull them out that way. I bought mine used, too so they needed a little persuasion. This method didn't hurt the baffles at all.

R. R., the baffles do change the sound. It's more blatty [is that a word?] with the baffles in and more open sounding and louder with them out.

Users who are viewing this thread