Bassani exhaust

masalacobra

01 Cobra
Established Member
Did some research..could not find pictures...

The bassani exhaust that I have did not come with the mufflers as seen in these pictures https://www.rpmoutlet.com/ezRetail/search/images/20030503015248bxx4603c5s.jpg

I have raised this concern before but no1 really said anything. I have the SLP mufflers and hate em with the fact that they do not sit up higher since my car came lowered. Those mufflers are rather large and round, they are straight pipe but are resonnated for a bit quieter sound...not that it's that quiet either.

Does anyone know if this is a new system at the link? If it's not is it possible rpmoutlet sent me the wrong mufflers?? Thanks for the input

Alex

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Are you absolutely positive you have a Bassani cat-back? I don't believe the design has changed at all. The Bassani system I had on my 99 looked exactly like the kit pictured in your link.

electriccobra

Established Member
is the bassani cat back a good exhaust for these cars? i have an x pipe with flowmaster cat back and would like to upgrade.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Out of the 3 Mustangs, and 3 different exhausts I've had, I liked the Bassani the best.

It is among the most expensive, but it really shows in the quality. The Welds are damn near perfect, right down to the real beefy acuseal clamps.

They made good power on my 99 as well. I never dynoed it personally, but the new owner dynoed it with the JLT cold air intake and the bassani catted x and cat-back. Made a bit over 300rwhp as is, then put the car at just shy of 320rwhp after tune.

masalacobra

01 Cobra
Established Member
well i bought it from rpmoutlet...and they said it was for the 01 cobra...it was supposed to be a full bassani set up, headers, xpipe, catback. I don't believe the catback has any kind of manufacture plate to see who made it...just the tips on it say "SLP." that really sucks... i was thinking this whole time it's bassani. Well mine do look the same as the picture but instead of the box-y looking mufflers they are just straight pipe n round. If I changed them to match the picture would they fit perfectly?

masalacobra

01 Cobra
Established Member
well i bought it from rpmoutlet...and they said it was for the 01 cobra...it was supposed to be a full bassani set up, headers, xpipe, catback. I don't believe the catback has any kind of manufacture plate to see who made it...just the tips on it say "SLP." that really sucks... i was thinking this whole time it's bassani. Well mine do look the same as the picture but instead of the box-y looking mufflers they are just straight pipe n round. If I changed them to match the picture would they fit perfectly?

Users who are viewing this thread