Bassani finally arrives!

gen3sonic

Established Member
Ordered my bassani catback 2 weeks ago and they finally called me today and told me it was in.I get it installed on monday.Totally stoked.:rockon:

03 sonic blue lightning
groundforce 1'' drop.
built 1/13/03
#989 out of4270

BillArf

Established Member
Bassani install -- watch clamp tightness

I postd this awhile back on another forum. Read carefully prior to your Bassani exhaust install. ALSO, be sure the Bassani exhaust extensions are not to close to the plastic as they will melt it / burn your paint..
-----------------------------------
After reading the posts here regarding the Bassani clamps and how they can let loose so to speak I emailed Bassani and asked them about it. I was about to install the Bassani cat back on my '03 so was not sure if I should use their clamps or just use some regular muffler clamps like you buy at Ace Hardware. Anyway, I sent the email and even gave them the url for the most recent thread here talking about the Bassani clamp problem. Well, a couple of hours after my email to Bassani my cell phone rang and it was the Corporate Sales Manager I believe he said for Bassani. (I may have his title wrong but I believe it was the Corporate Sales Manager.) Anyway, he spoke with me about the clamps. Said that he had come here to read the Bassani clamp thread.. He admitted there had been a problem a year or so ago. He said the clamps they were now using were pricey and the most popular clamp used in the auto industry today. Used by various automobile/truck manufacturers. He said they were Torx brand or something like that. The Bassani guy said the clamps are very good BUT cautioned you MUST "tighten them up until there is an 1/8 of an inch or less between the spacers on the clamps after you finished tightening them". Anything more then an 1/8 of an inch and indeed you could have problems with the clamps letting loose. He mentioned that he was concerned that OLD threads on the internet were giving the new style clamps a bad, unwarranted reputation. Again, he stood firm that the clamps were pricey and the best and that Bassani thought these were the absolute way to go. I mentioned to him about using regular muffler clamps and he said that would be ok but if you use that style clamp that the exhaust could not be easily disassembed should you want to disasemble it. Spot welding / welding voids the Bassani warranty according to their literature. Will close by saying the Corporate Sales Manager was genuine and upfront and I felt comfortable talking to him. He was not on the defensive nor stuffey (He represented Bassani well) but again stood firm in regard to that clamp of their's being the best they felt..

Users who are viewing this thread