Bassani headers

zeus201

Established Member
i have them and the work out great. only wish they were black so that they'd match the rest of the motor.

spidartanks

Established Member

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I had a gasket blow out with mine. I switched to stage 8 locking header bolts and remflex gaskets and have had 0 issues with mine since. I would do the locking header bolts and remflex gaskets right away so you dont have and issues.

+1 I had the stock gaskets give out on me, followed by the bassani gasket. If I had done more research, I would have found out about Remflex gaskets sooner. I put them on and no leaks, almost 4 years now. Get the remflex.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
I just got the car fired up.....used the stock gaskets so far so good but will see if they go out will get some remflex gaskets. These headers sound great! If the gaskets go not a big deal since I have an after market k-member which made the install relatively easy.

Was able to reach all the bolts on the drivers side with the header fully intacked but had to put the passengers side on one tube at a time.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Sorry for the hijack, but does anyone with these headers also have an aftermarket steering shaft? I know that with some types of longtubes there are issues when using the FR, or MM steering shaft.

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
Don't know about the steering shaft.

I have one question or those with the experience here. I just have a small leak on passenger side header. Is there anyway i can change the gasket out without dropping the whole K-member? As always any help is appreciated. Thanks!

JymBart

Established Member
I have one question or those with the experience here. I just have a small leak on passenger side header. Is there anyway i can change the gasket out without dropping the whole K-member? As always any help is appreciated. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Are you sure it's the gasket and not a loose header bolt? You can remove the starter motor and jack up the engine to get to it.
JymBart

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
Are you sure it's the gasket and not a loose header bolt? You can remove the starter motor and jack up the engine to get to it.
JymBart

You are right I don't know so I bought some gaskets and just figured I would change them out if I dropped the K-member. I will take the starter off and check that tomorrow first. I can tell it is a leak though because of the tick with rpms and I can smell and feel the exhaust coming from around the last two cylinders on that side. Thanks for the tip.

Users who are viewing this thread