Bassani headers

pony23

Established Member
I was wondering what you guys thought about the Bassani mid-length headers. Thinking about getting a pair of them for the Cobra. I like how you get better ground clearance with them.
I had a set of Kooks LT's on my old 97 Cobra. Loved them but the ground clearance sucked.
Thoughts????

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
I have them on my car for the exact reason you mentioned - clearance. I like them and like the sound difference from the stock manifolds.

I did just blow out the gasket from the #3 cylinder last week. Had the headers for a year with no issues to that point. However, I don't believe it to be a header issue but more a gasket failure.

I did not use the included bassani gaskets per recommendations of several people on here. I used the remflex gaskets for bassani headers instead.

AMB

Established Member
pony23

I have my Bassni headers on my 03 Cobra for 6 years with "NO PROBLEMS" so far !!!:thumbsup:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i had a set on mine and HATED them. constantly blew out gaskets and leaked sooo bad. i replaced the gaskets 3 or 4 times and finally took em off and left them off.

JymBart

Established Member
I have them and love them, .......... just do the install the right way the first time around using stage 8 locking fasteners and you'll be good to go. I've had them on my Cobra for over 6 years now.

JymBart

04Beasst

Established Member
I had them on my car for awhile and couldn't be happier. I did have one tube leak after 2 years, complained to Bassani and they replacement them, no questions asked. Just had to provide proof of purchase. Had them on the car about 6 months and decided to go LTs (ARHs). I still have the headers and Bassani 5-piece X-pipe with Cats if you're interested. Just didn't get a chance to post...will do soon.

If you already have them, MAKE SURE you follow PURE03VENOM's advice and use remflex gaskets and don't use the Bassani inserts. The midlength headers are a nice piece, pretty easy install too. If you're interested, I have a soundclip with Bassani Mid Length headers, Bassani X-Pipe and Stingers.

04Beasst

Established Member
Pony,

Two short sound clips...little loud due to being somewhat enclosed but it gives you an idea of the setup.

Bassani mid length headers, Bassani X-Pipe with cats and Stingers:

[ame=http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc208/04Beasst/316%20Reel/?action=view&current=100_0124.flv]316 Reel :: KB Mystic Cobra on Dyno video by 04Beasst - Photobucket[/ame]

[ame=http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc208/04Beasst/?action=view&current=100_0123.flv]KB 2.8 Mystic Cobra on Dyno video by 04Beasst - Photobucket[/ame]

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
And here's the mids with an offroad H.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdkZ2q6_Ti8"]YouTube- 03 KB Cobra exhaust[/ame]

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
I've been thinking of the Bassani Midlengths as well. I've got BBK LT's right now, with BBK OR X-pipe and a Bassani catback. Sounds wicked, but I'd like to be able to get the clutch housing off of the block without having to loosen the headers. Also curious as to the power/flow differences of the midlengths, as compared to LT's.

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
I to was thinking about them but decided to go with ARH. I gained ground clearance with my ARH setup over the stock H pipe and you can also drop the tranny with ARH Longtubes.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I just put in Mac headers and I am very satisfied with the ground clearance considering how low my car is...

Pictures073.jpg

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
I had them on my car for awhile and couldn't be happier. I did have one tube leak after 2 years, complained to Bassani and they replacement them, no questions asked. Just had to provide proof of purchase. Had them on the car about 6 months and decided to go LTs (ARHs). I still have the headers and Bassani 5-piece X-pipe with Cats if you're interested. Just didn't get a chance to post...will do soon.

If you already have them, MAKE SURE you follow PURE03VENOM's advice and use remflex gaskets and don't use the Bassani inserts. The midlength headers are a nice piece, pretty easy install too. If you're interested, I have a soundclip with Bassani Mid Length headers, Bassani X-Pipe and Stingers.

Interested... I'm about to pick up a set myself.

And what is it about this gasket instead of the one that comes with the midlengths from bassani? Why isn't anyone using the provided gaskets?

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
does anyone have any idea what they worth power wise on a pullied or whippled car?

Not sure about the Bassani mid length but with LTs usually you gain a nice amount of power under the curve. They help to drop psi so you can also turn up the psi as well.

With higher horsepower applications, the headers will become more and more beneficial.

Example: Longtubes on a Twinscrew Cobra will add more power than that of a Pullied Eaton with Longtubes.

Last edited:

Alb Cobra

Established Member
So can you not use the stock gaskets with the bassani mid lenghts? I just got a set and was just going to use mine stock gaskets. Do I need to get new ones?

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
I had a gasket blow out with mine. I switched to stage 8 locking header bolts and remflex gaskets and have had 0 issues with mine since. I would do the locking header bolts and remflex gaskets right away so you dont have and issues.

Users who are viewing this thread