Bassani LT's and no cats is too damn loud. Need ideas.

ap3x

La Flama Blanca
Established Member
Don't let the title mislead you I love how loud the setup is and the way it sounds, but it is not practical at all. I've already gotten warnings from cops before I put the long tubes on, and now I wake up my entire block just trying to leave my house at night.

I don't think buying cats for it is a good idea because it would only be a matter of time before they fail on me.

I'm not trying to buy a new exhaust setup since I'm out of money :nonono:.

Thought about cutting and welding another setup of mufflers somewhere but can't seem to find the room with the griggs torque arm.

Any other ideas to help quiet this beast without hindering performance and spending more money?

abramsbrian

Established Member
Do you have stock mufflers? I already know I will have problems with my American Racing headers, no cats X, and Borla Stingers....but I am looking forward to it!

ap3x

La Flama Blanca
Established Member
Nope it's Bassani LT's, Bassani Off-road X, Bassani 3" Cat-Back.

Here is a video of BadBoyGT500's same setup, hope he doesn't mind.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEf7YUVHe8&feature=channel"]MESSIN AROUND - YouTube[/nomedia]

In person it sounds a lot louder...but you get the idea.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Get some round race bullets and put them in from of the rear end before the X, I did it and it made a huge difference. Dr. Gas sell them and a few over companies.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Interesting. Does that effect performance at all Andy? I am running the OP's same set up, and it would be nice to quiet the car down a titch.

Bulldogger

Established Member
I have factory mufflers sitting in my basement. If you need them, let me know. I have Dynatech LT's Hiflo cats and Bissani axle backs on my car. When I jump on the throttle, dogs howl and children fall off their bikes!

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
I have ARH 1-7/8" Headers & their 3" O/R X-pipe with 3" Magnaflow Magnapacks. It's deep & loud, but compared to my old setup of a muffler delete and O/R X-pipe it's not loud at all then. I'd recommend either getting some resonators installed before the muffler or swap to the magnaflow 3" Magnapack catback. You could easily sell your bassani cat-back and make up for the cost of the magnapacks. It'll be a deep, mean tone at idle but very tolerable & when you get above 3000 rpms it's LOUDDDD like you want it.

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
Interesting. Does that effect performance at all Andy? I am running the OP's same set up, and it would be nice to quiet the car down a titch.

They are straight through so they only quiet but performance stays the same. Plus what ever added weight of the round muffler.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
I'm running dynatech long tubes connnected to the stock h-pipe with no cats with the stock mufflers. I added some spiral flow mufflers to quiet the car down some. They did quiet down my car a good bit but It slowed down a .10 in the 1/8th and I lost 1 mph. I'm taking them off this week. I would rather have the car a little loud vs it slowing down. The mufflers don't look restricting but the track tells no lies. Also these are not glasspacks but similar.

ap3x

La Flama Blanca
Established Member
Probably be cutting and welding these guys right in front of the rear end like rdsnk46 suggested if I can get them to clear the griggs torque arm, its already pretty tight though.

Dynomax 24238 Dynomax Race Bullet Mufflers

Hopefully get it done within the next month or whenever I have the time. I'll take pictures and comparison videos for you guys.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Probably be cutting and welding these guys right in front of the rear end like rdsnk46 suggested if I can get them to clear the griggs torque arm, its already pretty tight though.

Dynomax 24238 Dynomax Race Bullet Mufflers

Hopefully get it done within the next month or whenever I have the time. I'll take pictures and comparison videos for you guys.

Get under the car and measure the Bassani system where you plan to mount those 18" mufflers. There may not be enough "straight" pipe there to remove.

I did something similar with my Bassani set-up, and I actually had to cut and weld my 18" resonators in, otherwise it would have been too long.

You may want to try 14" or 16" mufflers.

abramsbrian

Established Member
I have ARH 1-7/8" Headers & their 3" O/R X-pipe with 3" Magnaflow Magnapacks. It's deep & loud, but compared to my old setup of a muffler delete and O/R X-pipe it's not loud at all then. I'd recommend either getting some resonators installed before the muffler or swap to the magnaflow 3" Magnapack catback. You could easily sell your bassani cat-back and make up for the cost of the magnapacks. It'll be a deep, mean tone at idle but very tolerable & when you get above 3000 rpms it's LOUDDDD like you want it.

Is the drone bad?

rdsnk46

Established Member
Call them for the exact application as the listing for the 2.5in looks slightky different in the pic, the ones I had were stainless and had flares on each end so they went right inline. Looks like it shows them in the first picture in the 4in. listing

ctozzi

Established Member
I have kooks LT's kooks on road X, and borla touring. It's perfectly balanced, loud enough to cruise and idle, but look the F out when you go all in. I had the exact problem when i installed the LT's and the X pipe with my KR exhaust. I couldn't wait to tear off the KR's it was so loud it was hurting my ears. Try the stock mufflers 1st, they where a bit to tin can sounding for me, then try the borla or corsa touring. You def will need to add a catted X to quiet it down. BTW I added 78 rwhp with this setup and my 2.9 whipple. Well worth the extra noise level.

CompO_Eric

Arch Enemy of the Prius
Established Member
MAC MMS mufflers... the one stop fix!

I love they way they sound on my 1 3/4 ARH Longtube / Off-road H setup.

They drone a little bit at 65-70 MPH and I get "the look" from the fiancee when the motor is under load going up a hill with cruise on...

Its a Muscle Car, You shouldn't be having conversations when driving.. its distracting. :)

Users who are viewing this thread