bassani mid lengths

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
got the bassani mid length headers today. remflex gaskets too. my question is do i go with stock studs and bolts or go stage 8's locking bolts ?

Dsg302Snake

Established Member
I used the stock studs with the remflex gaskets and its been a month an a half and still no leaks and the car sounds killer good luck with the install

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
thanks, if i dont have good luck, i'll use lots of good cuss words, throw tools around the garage, and run full force into a brick wall, then get back to it and finish the job. i'll let you know how it goes. gonna go with stock studs and bolts. did more searching and seems 2b ok w/bassani's to use stock studs and bolts.

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
Dsg302Snake said:
I used the stock studs with the remflex gaskets and its been a month an a half and still no leaks and the car sounds killer good luck with the install

Did you use the stock gaskets in addition to the remflex gaskets? I've heard of people using both sets......

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I used the stock gaskets with the remflex gaskets, with no leaks! I also re-used the stock stud/nut combo, as I felt it was easier to install the headers (mine were used, and a few pipes wouldn't come out of the collector)

Dsg302Snake

Established Member
heres a little advice for the install. Remember to connect the pass. side o2 on the header while everything is loose because you cant reach up there when its all tightened up

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Dsg302Snake said:
heres a little advice for the install. Remember to connect the pass. side o2 on the header while everything is loose because you cant reach up there when its all tightened up
+1 I made that mistake... it sucked. I used a broken coat hanger and some creativity to get it connected tho! :)

Dsg302Snake

Established Member
LOL I had to do the same thing... Thank the lord for coat hangers because I was not going to pull the header off

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
Dsg302Snake said:

any hint on how to reach and tighten #4 tube top nut, passenger side. #4 being back of engine. am using stock studs and nuts, stock gasket w/remflex too. also the 02 sensor on pass. side does not reach the connector from the collector to engine. i cannot figure out how to get to #4 top bolt and tighten it.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
the gain i'm seeing this exact moment is sore nuckles and pain in my hands, i am almost complete with installing them, but its not gonna be enough of a gain to do anything for me, i'm tired already of the amount of horsepower i have, i'm doing it to complete the bassani set that i already installed and waiting on something that might give the car some real go, do i hear 3.4whip it up? could be if they ever make it to the states and we can actually have one, waiting patiently damn it.

Users who are viewing this thread