Bassani Mid Question

Ellik

Established Member
Im doing my tranny swap in the next few weeks. Since I have to pull the mid-pipe out anyway, I was thinking about picking up a Bassani Catted X to put back in. Question is, does it have to be modified to mate up to stock manifolds and Mid's alike without need to be modified? I plan on putting in Bassani mid's next spring, so I dont want to spend the money on a mid-pipe now, then have to mess around/alter/replace it again next year.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
if i understand your question, then no, the bassani mids and stock manifolds cannot use the same mid pipe...since the bassani mids are longer, you need a shorter mid pipe to match...

Ellik

Established Member
yeah..... thats kinda my question. Is the Bassani catted X-pipe meant to mate up to stock manifolds, or to their mid-length headers?

CobraKalas

Established Member
i bought a bassani mipipe a few weeks ago and had it installed a week ago today, and they are installed with stock exhaust manifolds..

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you get the 5 piece X pipe it will fit either stock manifolds or the mids. The mids come with adapters used in place of the front two legs.

01yellercobra

Established Member
No problem. That's why I picked up the 5 piece. Hoping to go with mids sometime in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread