Bassani Off-Road Pipes simple bolt on?

Bootbox

Established Member
My offroad pipes should be here today, do I need anything off the top of your heads to get them on or do they just bolt up? (stock headers, silverbullet catback)

Bootie

Established Member
bolt right up and very simple. You might have to cut the stockers to get them out or take off your tranny crossmember.

Bootbox

Established Member
Having a lift and the disposal of all the tools in a giant Dodge dealership should help a little right? lol ;) Thank god my friend went to school to be a mechanic, reminds me I owe him a beer or three.

The hardest part at this point will hopefully be trying to get my truck on the lift. It always eats up the first hour we're working on it.

Oh and the only reason I ask about if this is bolt on our not, is that the picture on LFPs site shows the offroad pipes only having one pipe where it meets the catback, I was kind of thrown off. :lol:

Last edited:

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Only issue I had with my whole Bassani system(still stock headers), no cats, off road X Pipe, was the damn traction bars. the pipe is bent in a way that it hits right where my traction bars were. So I had to remove them until I can get a custom pipe bent.

fullboogie

Established Member
I did mine in the driveway on ramps. I did take off the tranny crossmember after seeing lots of posts about how much easier it would be. Went pretty quick from what I remember.

Morgan

Established Member
Take the extra step to remove the crossmember, this way you can remove the factory mid-pipe entact, and it'll be easier to re-sell.

You don't need any gaskets or extra junk- it's a fairly easy swap since you have lift access.

If you find the Silverbullet is mated really well to the mid-pipe, use a ratchet strap to pull it off. Wrap the strap so it makes a loop around the axle and cat back and connect the hooks together, then ratchet carefully...

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
PhLoBuS said:
shaggy what kind of traction bars?
looked at his mod list and it says JLP traction bars. i was wondering the same thing since i have Cal-Tracs on and am looking into getting a set of pipes.

Black00Bolt

Come get some!!
Established Member
i did mine alone and on jack stands.i wouldnt say it was easy but ive done way worse.i used a sawzall on the old pipe but the bolts the manifold really gave me hell:mj:

bready

Established Member
i did it the hard way, with the TCM in place. i got them in, got fed up and took it to the exhaust shop to have them aligned correctly.

Banned
I wish I would have taped the 3 guys doing a circle jerk trying to install them. 1 had the torch, the other guy had the sawzall and the other was in the way.

The most trouble they had was installing 1 of the 02 sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread