Bassani or BBK?

svtmustang04

Established Member
Which is a better catalytic X-pipe Bassani or BBK. Is there a difference in performance and/or sound? Also which Cat-back system sounds best with an X. Thanks.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I am very happy with my catted Bassani x-pipe. It is usually between Bassani and Magnaflow for most people.

Cobro

Banned
Installed my Bassani catalytic X-pipe back in 4-1-99 No problems and have passed all smog checks here in cali.

They sound best with straight thru design mufflers. I have the UltraFlow SS 2 1\2 in. and very happy!

After you install the Bassani, you will Defiantly feel the difference!

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
If you have the extra $$$$ go with the bassani. My friend has a BBK x on his and it sounds good and I run a BBK o/r H pipe. My buddy has a full bassani on his 93lx and 95Lightning. They both sound good and the fit is perfect.

BLACKVNM

Established Member
O/R Bassani X with flows is a very mean sound IMO. I have the catted X with flows for now and from what I've heard if you have the catted X it sounds better with straight through mufflers. Great lookin cobra svtmustang04

DEMNSVT

Established Member
On my 96 GT I had FMS shorty headers, Catted Bassani x-pipe and the Bassani catback, yeah it is little pricey, but the car sounded awsome and put down some good numbers for a prePI headed 2v, but i do remeber just from the catted x-pipe over a offroad x-pipe I got like 2 more hp with the bassani x-pipe and like 5hp over the stock catback. IT sounded, looked awsome, and lasted for longtime, Bassani quality is unmatched I think in fit and finish! Spend the extra cash and get the best sound around, and oh their catback looks soo sweet sticking out the back of a Cobra. It will be fairly quite til you mash the gas and it changes tones, I wish my current Cobra had it on, but can't afford it right now and they don't make a shorty x-pipe to fit my long tube headers. But it does sound mean!! I got a very short video of car running at the track if you want to me to send it to you? Just PM me or reply back and I'll have my friend host it and i'll post it up.
Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread