Bassani or SLP?

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Ciotti said:
Shifty's LM2's sound great with his SLP catted X pipe, it drowns out my BBK O/R H and 40 series Flows completely in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zttndoR-EJU

In person it has almost a musical sound to it as it's pulling towards 7K rpm, it's really nice.

It does sound good but again that is a catted X with LM2s vs. my current setup. Whatever I get I will run the o/r H. I have had it with converters and wont go back to them. But im afraid I wont find a happy median between a catted mid/open muffler design vs. an o/r mid/chambered muffler setup. IF that makes any since to you.

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
Magnaflows have fitment issues too. Mine also used to squeak on the hangers and move around a lot. Their clamps are also like 1940s primitive. I would also go with Borla. You get what you pay for.

I just saw you have IRS? Borla Stingers FTW.

Last edited:

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
I would say go with the LM2s... i absolutely love it..i get people who pull next to me who usually complement how it sounds on the highway.. my roomate from college couldnt get over how it sounded, he absolutely loved it!! Thanks ciotti!!! appreciate it man... lol and ciotti its hard to drown you out lol... but i guess it might do that when were side by side gettin on it.. i woudlnt know.. ive only been inside my car lol..

dude just do it... i doubt ull be dissappointed..could have a very distinct sound with the H on there.. cant wait to put race pipes on and LTs... sound kick ass... (course at this rate that will never happen lol)

Last edited:

JasonSnake

Established Member
I wouldn't change out my bassani mufflers, but I hate the tails. Bad fiitment. I'd probably change to Magnaflow or SLP tails if I had a chance.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
just so you know i have powerflo's they are louder than stocl but quiet at the same time until you nail them then they wake up nice. i have cats on my car and I think if you have an off-road x or h that will make it louder but still more quiet then the lm2's. might be just the balance you need cuz my mufflers are a straight through pipe in the center with some kind of packing around the sides im guessing to quiet it down, my cats do more to the sound then anything

scarface1

Noobasaurus Rex
Established Member
PSUCOBRA96 said:
just so you know i have powerflo's they are louder than stocl but quiet at the same time until you nail them then they wake up nice. i have cats on my car and I think if you have an off-road x or h that will make it louder but still more quiet then the lm2's. might be just the balance you need cuz my mufflers are a straight through pipe in the center with some kind of packing around the sides im guessing to quiet it down, my cats do more to the sound then anything
I was wondering about those mufflers. Are they a DIRECT replacement for the other LM resonators? I got Wyotechs LM1s on my car now, and they are a bit loud. I have a catted setup myself. do you have any sound clips? I can only find one online.

CL98Cobra

Established Member
ill attest to bassani fitment sucking i have bassani o/r x and catback and the pipes rub against my rear tires even with the pipes being pushed inward but i have 315s in the back also. it does sound good though

Users who are viewing this thread