Bassani S.S. offroad with Bassani Muffers..

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
does anyone have this set up. I currently have it and I am wondering if I have an exhaust leak.... because, it sounds really rasp'y at times... or is that normal? I had a prochamber off road and it did not sound like this, could if make that big of difference or would you say, I have a slight leak...

Any ideas?

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
I took the cats out of my bassani x and I have the bassani catback. Both Stainless. It was super raspy. I since put my cats back on. But I think I may have identified an exhaust leak from the egr pipe. Maybe why it was so raspy.

FVChopper

SVTP
Established Member
if you have a leak you'll know it will sound like a train under your feet just a really quiet train, really airy sounds, well thats assuming its coming from either flange at the manifold, i forgot to get a gasket when i put mine on so ive got a couple small leaks and im about to put a gasket on this weekend, i may do a before and after video of sound for ya if you haven't solved your problem by then

brightsnake

Established Member
Don't Like Raspy!!!

Yeah, it's normal. We have full Bassani incl mid-lengths, O/R x-pipe, and SS catback. It was a lot worse when we had Magnaflows. The only way I know to really get rid of it is throw on the high-flow cats. Really only cost you about 5 hp...

orange_whiner

Pro-class stoplight racer
Established Member
I have an m-55 catback and it is raspy. Any straight-through muffler design is going to be raspy and pop on decel. You can swap mufflers to a chambered muffler just not blowmaster, they are over-priced and spotty quality. I did custom exhaust systems for 2 yrs. and we would have customers request those "super-40's" b/c it's all they know. If the mufflers weren't warped from the factory, it would turn a gold color, internal baffles would break loose from their spot welds, or the necks would crack. just some fyi

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
i have that setup and yes its pretty raspy and wierd sounding at times. But it makes my car sound like it eats babys so i love it. bassani FTW
LOL...
I have the Bassani catted X, and even with the cats it does get a little obnoxious up top.. Which is teh awesome..

Users who are viewing this thread