Bassani side exit question

BLACKSNAKE 94

The Ol fart with class!
Established Member
I am waiting arival of the Bassani forward exit xhaust , can sumone tell me what its gonna sound like? i cant wait to mount it:-D i have it on my L and i like it so much i ordered it for my Cobra. If sumbody is runnin it i would appreciate yur comments! thanx guys and :beer:

Gabe

I'm sure it would sound a lot different on a 5.0 than on a dohc 5.4 though.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Definately a different sound...

I'm not sure though, there aren't too many side exit kits around here... everyone has tailpipes, or a few nuts (myself included) went with dumps off of whatever mufflers they are running.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Originally posted by BLACKSNAKE 94
Tim ,
How did it go with your new BBKs ? Do ya like em? BS94.
Yup... they look real nice on the garage wall :D :D :D :D

I haven't installed 'em yet cuz I was hoping I'd have the L sold by now, then was gonna get some AFR's... but plans haven't panned out, so just lastnight I was thinking I'm just gonna install them for now anyways... even though they look pretty sweet on the wall under my Factory 5 lower control arms :coolman:

BLACKSNAKE 94

The Ol fart with class!
Established Member
He He He OK ,
You just added it to your list of mod goodies b-fore ya got around to transforminum from the wall to the car. He He!
i Think you will be able to feel them in the seat of the pants, i know it woke mine up a-bit!! Steve

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
He He He OK ,
You just added it to your list of mod goodies b-fore ya got around to transforminum from the wall to the car. He He!
i Think you will be able to feel them in the seat of the pants, i know it woke mine up a-bit!! Steve
Oh yea... you're right. I was gonna put "to be installed" in there and I forgot to even do it... lol. Well, I gotta order up some hardware for 'em. Thinkin' Stage 8 locking bolts. What did you use again?

BLACKSNAKE 94

The Ol fart with class!
Established Member
I think we used stainless steel bolts or maybe they were plated iam not sure Tim, but we used lock washers and a pretty generous amount of anti-seize compound on um so if i find extra money sumtime (ha ha) i will order the Bassani headers and kats.
I wish now that i hadnt bought the Mac stuff and just bought the Bassani to begin with, the Bassani stuff is Beautifull!!! and fits like a dream!!
aw well -------justa nuther costly learnin experience!!!! :bash: Steve

Last edited:

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
What's wront w/the MAC products?? Finish?
Bassani cats?? ewww.... wouldn't really venture into that saga, but that's just me.

BLACKSNAKE 94

The Ol fart with class!
Established Member
I really dont have a problem with Mac its just that i starred at my Bassani cat-bak in the living room floor for my L for a coupla days just admiring the quality and workmanship and i have decided - shit , why mount anything else and its forever and a one time install. The cats are only 2 percent restriction i understand , i am a little woried about passing them suck emissions test though because iam fightin that situation now with the Cobra. Steve:)

Last edited:

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
I really dont have a problem with Mac its just that i starred at my Bassani cat-bak in the living room floor for my L for a coupla days just admiring the quality and workmanship and i have decided - shit , why mount anything else and its forever and a one time install. The cats are only 2 percent restriction i understand , i am a little woried about passing them suck emissions test though because iam fightin that situation now with the Cobra. Steve:)
Steve,
I was talking about the Bassani "death rattle" of the cats... they had alot of problems with them... which was supposed to be rememdied by now, but you still wonder ya' know? Is the cat-back on the L now? What'd that run?
So you still have the MAC's on?

I wouldn't sweat the emissions, I betcha I'd pass the sniffer as I sit w/out cats... it's the visual of no cats that I wouldn't pass. Glad I don't have to worry any more!

BLACKSNAKE 94

The Ol fart with class!
Established Member
Tim,
Iam not aware of death rattle , shit il have to look into that, i have the forward exit on the L and i love it. I got it from Houston Performance , i think it was 450.00 and 25.00 bucks fer freight.
Yup ,the Macs are still on the Snake, I am putting the Bassani forward exit on behind the Mac Cats and Mac headers for now, and the stainless tails and Flows off of the Snake iam gonna put on my 97 f-150, at least iam not gonna
waste good stuff, il have the only f-150 with Cobra tails!!! hahaha

i have flunked emmissions twice now with the Mac cats so they must be a little too efficient also , I am still fightin it tryin to pass!!!:mj: :mj: :gt:
Steve:)

Last edited:

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
GEEZE... that BS emissions must be getting tougher and tougher :eek:
I've got a buddy w/a built '80 Mailbu (383 stroker, exempt) and when we had emissions, he had his car in a shop for whatever reason and he told them to run the portable sniffer test on it just out of curiousity... and it would of passed! But... I guess that was maybe 6-7 years ago already and I'm sure the emissions got more strict... He's still on the same motor btw, and it's mainly a drag car! :eek: That thing was built right. Let me know how your battle goes... sorry to hear that.

\\Tim

Users who are viewing this thread