bassian CaT Back WiT A X

R6 MiG

Established Member
Dose any one that have a bassin cat back and catted X pipe with stock headers not think there exhaust is loud enough

Poison_S

Established Member
I will second that and say that it is loud, but I love it and it's intensity is somewhat controllable.

Short-shifting through the neighborhood keeps the dB's down to a very reasonable level.

WOT is amazing and I wouldn't change it now that I have it.

I initally looked at getting the FR-500, b/c I thought I was past all that loud & obnoxious excessive noise making. However, the idea of buying a $650 exhaust system that had minimal power gains and was really no louder than stock (as people on this forum have indicated) did not seem like money well spent. To top it off, the feedback on the Quality Fit and Finish of the Bassani system sold me. Now that I have it, I wouldn't have done it any other way. It is loud, but in a healthy-sounding way. IMO, just the way SVT should have sold such a potent, stand-out vehicle.

Weasel

Established Member
I third the motion ! It is loud enough. My first impression was that it was too loud. Within a week or so, it seemed that it should be no other way. No matter what, you always hear it, and it sounds great.
Do it !

Mike

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
The exhaust sounds like it should for an xpipe with cats and catback with stock headers. Its pretty loud when you get on it, and it is pretty quiet when you drive it easy. When I got my bassani it came with the inserts if you want to take the cats off. It should be loud enough after that.

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
Lol, try a off-road bassani x through 2 chamber flowmasters with no tailpipes if you want loud.

It will shake the ground at idle.

Stunt Stangs

Established Member
I have had nothing but compliments on the sound. The installation was "flawless". Absoutely perfect fit and finish. It make you want to show people the undercarriage of the car! Drive it easy and it sounds tough...drive it hard and it barks loud and with the supercharger whine..its awesome! Also, the Bassani signature on the top of the pipe is true class!

RonL55SVT

Established Member
Its Surprising Loud

Installed a Bassani system on my 98 Cobra which was moderately loud under acceleration. I had a Bassani X pipe and cat back sytem installed yesterday on my 03 Cobra. It is definitely louder than the system on my 98.......no doubt the system is plenty loud and I can't imagine needing it any louder than it is.:lol:

R6 MiG

Established Member
yeah i ask this because i really dont want to loud i want to hear the exhaust but no get a head ace that why i ask this qusetion maybe if someone said they would want it louder it would be perfect for me

any other comments

Stunt Stangs

Established Member
As I stated in an earlier post...besides being manufactured to A+ fit and finish..it is quite LOUD and EXTREMELY LOUD if you get on it with the supercharger whine. If you just rumble in second gear at 15-20 miles per hour through your neighborhood..everybody will look cause it sounds great! Suprisingly though..it's not loud or irritating inside the car with the windows up or down. Trust me..you'll love this system, not to mention those 4" pipes hanging out the back!:D :D :D

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I think it is very loud unless you shift with the shift light. Once you are over 3000prm, forget about talking to the person in the seat next to you.

f4sfed

Established Member
It was louder than I thought it was going to be after the install. I order some of that header heat wrap. In addition to cutting down on the heat (by hundreds of degrees), it quiets some of the resonating, and keeps the exhaust notes (as beautiful as they are) coming out the back, like they should.

As far as fit and finish....in a word? Perfect! Flawless! Beautiful!

Two words? VERY NICE!

Three words? VERY VERY NICE!

I did the install myself, in my garage on my car ramps built from the MustangWorld plans, in a total of 2.5 hours. One hour to remove the old, and an hour and a half to install the new. VERY NICE! Highly recommended!

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Where did you get the tape and how much?

Have any links for the mustang world ramp prints?

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
The only bad thing about the header wrap is that it holds in moisture and will completely rust out a normal exhaust. I don't know how the bassani will stand up, so maybe keep an eye on it. Even SS will rust.

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Originally posted by Poison_S
I will second that and say that it is loud, but I love it and it's intensity is somewhat controllable.

Short-shifting through the neighborhood keeps the dB's down to a very reasonable level.

WOT is amazing and I wouldn't change it now that I have it.

I initally looked at getting the FR-500, b/c I thought I was past all that loud & obnoxious excessive noise making. However, the idea of buying a $650 exhaust system that had minimal power gains and was really no louder than stock (as people on this forum have indicated) did not seem like money well spent. To top it off, the feedback on the Quality Fit and Finish of the Bassani system sold me. Now that I have it, I wouldn't have done it any other way. It is loud, but in a healthy-sounding way. IMO, just the way SVT should have sold such a potent, stand-out vehicle.

Is it as loud as a GT with Flows and a Pro-Chamber? And is there a drone in the cabin at speed on the highway?

Last edited:

silvercoffin

Established Member
ohhhhh

I am so close to calling the shop tomorrow and getting bassani installed next week heheheh. I'm trying to wait until next season and I am torn whether to do the pulley or exhaust.....and a chip

Just want low 12s cause i dont want a roll bar and etown is pretty strict about that. I hate sand baggin it too have to go all out.

What do you think???

PUlley and chip?

or

Exhaust and chip??

I am also having nittos mounted soon but I want to improve my et stock first.... at least a 12.8

Stunt Stangs

Established Member
My 02 GT has a drone but the 03 Cobra with the bassani system seems not to have it. As far as the chip vs. exhaust..the chip and pully will void the warantee but the MAF and exhaust won't as long as you don't touch the headers. (per my dealer). Of course, that depends upon your dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread