Battery charger/ tender

RedZR

Established Member
Hello
I am looking for a battery charger/tender to use while my car sits in the garage. Anyone have any suggestions? I was looking at some at Harbor Freight but didn’t know if there were better options.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the CTEK 3300.
It's a"smartcharger". One of the best you can buy. I bought the separate attachments and the 12 volt adapter which just plugs into the dash. Super easy. No need to connect to the battery.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I use the ones from Napa. I've had several for many years and they've been great. Had one fail this winter though, took it back to the store I deal with, waked out with a brand new one. Tough to beat that.

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
E5DFA335-413E-4C2B-ACD9-C265364FED8E.jpeg

I use this cheap thing I picked up at the local tractor supply. Hahaha. Can’t complain, I mean for the price I think it was ($25). It keeps it charged till it’s time to drive.

SVTag

Established Member
Use this one...no complaints

Battery Tender Plus 021-0128, 1.25 Amp Battery Charger is a Smart Charger, it will Fully Charge and Maintain a Battery at Proper Storage Voltage without the Damaging Effects Caused by Trickle Chargers

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Use this one...no complaints

Battery Tender Plus 021-0128, 1.25 Amp Battery Charger is a Smart Charger, it will Fully Charge and Maintain a Battery at Proper Storage Voltage without the Damaging Effects Caused by Trickle Chargers

Have one of these and also the Jr. Both work great

tromt01

Established Member
Ctek 7002 I’ve used it for 3 years and my red top optima has worked great

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Snoopy49

Established Member
CTEK 4.3, works real well to this point.

This is what I use and it has worked as advertised for the last 4 years. I still have my original battery and the car has about 8500 miles on the odometer, so it sits more than it runs, pretty much like the owner.

I also bought this adapter. CTEK (56-870) Comfort Indicator Cig Plug. Plugs right into the power port, this keeps the snoopy cats and one very curious raccoon from getting under the hood when the hood is open for charging.

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

^^^^That is what I have used for approx. 15 years. Using that Battery Tender I got 13 years out of my original assy. line 1995 Cobra R Motorcraft battery and 8 years out of my 2000 Cobra R original Motorcraft battery. I bought 5 of the Battery Tender Plus units back in 2003, one for each of the R-Models and one each for my two 1995 Cobra 2-Tops, over time (15 years) I have had three of them fail, usually due to lightning in our area. <<<I can't blame that on the Battery Tender. They work Great!

R

Snoopy49

Established Member
No problem, I thought it might be nice to have a protective cover on the charger to protect the charger and the car.

lkempf

Established Member
+1 for Battery Tender. I've had mine for close to 10 years and it still works great. I switch it between vehicles every few weeks during the winter months. My batteries usually last me 6+ years.

Users who are viewing this thread