Battery drain issue

phayze

Established Member
Recently got a single aeroforce gauge installed and had no issues. Then bought a new optima red top battery. About a week and a half later my second aeroforce w/ afr adapter came. Now I have dual aeroforce setup with the afr adapter installed. I'm using a fuse tap into the traction control, and two seperate radio fuses.

battery voltage was low so i switched my alternator out to a eagle 160amp. Battery voltage was normal now. Car sat overnight and is completely dead. I heard that you can unplug the aeroforce at the obd and it won't drain. So I jumped my car, battery voltage was normal. Let the car sit over night with gauges unplugged at obd port and my car still died within 12hrs.

never had an issue until I installed the second gauge. not sure what other 12v switched fuses I can try

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Did you tap into the constant for the radio? That could kill your battery. I tapped into the convertible top circuit for mine. It only has power when the key is on.

joshcarp81

Established Member
yeah check where your tapped into. I thought it was key off power off but I tapped into the subs fuse and it started killing my battery

phayze

Established Member
Now I have it fuse tapped in; convertible top, windshield wiper and traction control/instrument cluster. Drove around, voltage was good still.

Just parked it and when I turned the car off, the radio stayed on and I can still use my windows. Unplugged the gauges at the obd port and everything shut off. I pulled all of the fuse taps in the mean time to see if that helps too.

Unsure how the gauges manage to interact with the radio and windows while key is off. Seems like a very weird problem that I can't figure out

joshcarp81

Established Member
I'd plug everything back in, leave obd2 plugged in next time but disconnect your feeds and see if that fixes the radio on issue. did you remove the jumper from the back of the gauge when you powered the gauges? or are you using the power from the obd2? don't wanna do both that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread