Battery hold down bracket for Optima Battery

P2K4

Established Member
Where can I buy the hold down bracket for the Optima Battery? I'm going to install the yellow top battery in my car and I noticed that the factory hold down bracket doesn't fit properly.

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
There's an install kit that comes with the Optima - ask the retailer when you buy the battery for it. It's basically two blocks that you use in the battery tray to take up the space as it's narrower than the stock. Keep this in mind, however, that the length of the battery is longer and you'll have to cut the tray to accomodate the Optima. I had to do this with my Red Top.

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
I Custom Made One 2 Years Ago, W/ Some Taylor J Hooks And A Billet Honda Prelude Battery Holddown From Apc. I Had To Drill 2 Holes In My Tray For The J Hooks And It Worked Great.

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: As Christian says, but if the retailer cannot supply the clamp, call Optima (303-340 7400) and they will be happy to send one to you

Last edited:

P2K4

Established Member
Thank You everyone for your response. FYI, I found a billet hold down bracket for the Optima battery from grcpeformance.com for $25 plus shipping and tax.

Users who are viewing this thread