battery in trunk for stereo install?

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
I don't know much about stereo stuff so bear with me. I have a mtx thunderform box with a 10" woofer I would like to splice into my stock system. I have an amp and a this electronic box thing to connect it to the head unit.

My issue is I run a dynabat battery up front to crank the car. It isn't big enough to run a subwoofer and amp. I would like to add a batter in the rear of the car to run the equipment off of. What do I need to get two batteries working together? Is there some sort of crossover thing I can connect the alternator, and both batteries too so the main battery starts the car and then switches over to the second battery to run the stereo stuff?

Sorry if this is confusing.

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
OK, I am lost. I am having a 4400 watt amp and another 1600 watt amp install in my car and an very loud sound system to boot and you don't need two batteries for that. Perhaps high amp rated alternator, but fo rhte MTX you shouldnt need one. What amp are you planning on runing?

Or did I miss understand the question?

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
MA Audio rules all!!!!

And yes your right all you need is a capacitor, maybe 2 depending on how hardkore your system is.

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
use only 1 battery. Using 2 is pointless. A regular battery is much more powerful and better then a dynabat anyway. I would recommend a Optima Yellow or red top. The most important thing is that the cable feeding the amp is thick enough to supply the necessary current.

Users who are viewing this thread