Battery light wont go off

Jtemper03

Established Member
Battery light wont go off and car is stuttering

Hey need some help! I was driving my 03 last night and get on the gas a little the next thing i know my battery light came on and wont go off! I have a new belt new altenator and new battery in it! NE suggestions! Car is running the same but just wanted to know what i should do! Thanks

Last edited:

Jtemper03

Established Member
ok scratch that the car is spitting @ 5500 6000 rpm and it has a little sputter threw all rpms from a 40 roll in 2nd gear i havent gone ne faster than 3rd but it did back fire on me! Engine is quite and idles like a champ drives smooth but when i apply gas the car runs crapy! HELP

racebronco2

Established Member
Double check your connections. You should have the alternator checked out, sounds like you got a bad one. Be careful you could run lean if you went wot.

Jtemper03

Established Member
Had battery and altenator checked out by checker! battery is a 680 and is only holding 480 while car is off they said it was @ about half the charge and then we started the car and i had nothing no charge to my battery it didnt even say what was wrong with the altenator! I checked the wires and they look pretty good (the ones going in the altenator) So whats the chance my 3 month old altenator is completely shot???

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
So whats the chance my 3 month old altenator is completely shot???
Pretty good actually. Also check the connection under the boot on the right angle to the alt:

altconn.jpg

Jtemper03

Established Member
Ok will check and put post up when i get back probly b in a day or so cause im headed up to Show Low aka little town in middle of nowhere lol thanks for all the help take care!

Jtemper03

Established Member
Goodnews! ALT was def bad! Thats pretty crazy they go bad so fast.... all depending on how often u run ur car hard! Thanks again for the help! L8

Jtemper03

Established Member
Fixed it all! ALt read bad, and i put a new battery in it just to b on the safe side! Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread