battery light...

absolom

Established Member
so my alt went out about 2 years ago and i got it rebuilt and it's been flawless so far, running an optima red top

i've got 12.4 volts with car off and ~14 volts at idle, so everything is charging good, but i get an intermittent battery light virtually all the time...

what's up with that?

Digital

Established Member
so my alt went out about 2 years ago and i got it rebuilt and it's been flawless so far, running an optima red top

i've got 12.4 volts with car off and ~14 volts at idle, so everything is charging good, but i get an intermittent battery light virtually all the time...

what's up with that?

I've only had that battery light come on when my alt was totally shit, never on a bad battery, or dead, or on the way out battery.
It would lead me to think your alt is having a problem under load or you have a wiring issue.
Besides that I really don't know since I'm not familiar where that light gets its signal from, hopefuly someone can come in and school us both further.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Your alternator is most likely on the way out again.
These cars love to eat them.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
how many times do you drive the car? does it sit sometimes? Optima batteries suck ass, they lose 20% of their charge everytime they sit for awhile.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
+1 on the alternator.

the only time i've seen the battery light come on (on mine), the alt was on its way out, and didnt last much longer at all.

absolom

Established Member
i'm hoping it's not the alt, such a bitch to change

like i said, at idle i've got 14 volts, so we'll see

Users who are viewing this thread