Battlefield 3

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Allright guys, i know there are some of you who are anticipating this game as much as i am. Im undecided on what platform to pre order it for, i DO NOT yet have a PC thats capable of playing it on high settings, i just dont have the money to build a nice gaming pc :bash: but hopefully that changes soon. I play Battefield 2 on PC and its awesome.

So im stuck with the option of either PS3 or Xbox for BF3. I have both systems, i have both Bad Co's for PS3 and i use my Xbox for black ops only as of this point.

What would your choice be given you had the option of either console?

Also who else has pre-ordered? im stoked for this, the Frostbite 2 engine looks like its amazing

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
Living in the bay I'm hoping to get in on the play test before making my decision on which platform. I already it pre-ordered on PS3. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed in the next month or so.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Living in the bay I'm hoping to get in on the play test before making my decision on which platform. I already it pre-ordered on PS3. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed in the next month or so.

They were supposed to issue a Beta for anyone who bought MoH, i havent gotten anything on that either

Tunink

Established Member
I'm a big fan of the PS3, but like you said playing BF on PC is where it's at.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
I'm a big fan of the PS3, but like you said playing BF on PC is where it's at.

Totally where its at. Supposedly the PS4 is going to be released next year and it will close the gap between PC and Console, at least for now lol. The requirements for BF3 are insane as far as graphics and memory goes, my laptop could run it at low, MAYBE medium setting but i want to get as much out of the game as possible

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Specs haven't even been released for Battlefield 3. At least they hadn't a few days ago...?

Anyways, I've got the 360 and my bro has a PS3 and I find the network is more stable on the 360 also. The players are better and the games are easier to find at odd hours. Given that...I'm still trying to sell my iMac (anyone looking for a basically new iMac, PM me), but they already said the maps will be smaller for console, 24 players in MP as opposed to 62 for PC, it will run at only 30fps max on console, etc. That's why I'm trying to build a PC now..and b/c PC gaming is quite a bit ahead as far as graphics, players, connections, etc.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Specs haven't even been released for Battlefield 3. At least they hadn't a few days ago...?

Anyways, I've got the 360 and my bro has a PS3 and I find the network is more stable on the 360 also. The players are better and the games are easier to find at odd hours. Given that...I'm still trying to sell my iMac (anyone looking for a basically new iMac, PM me), but they already said the maps will be smaller for console, 24 players in MP as opposed to 62 for PC, it will run at only 30fps max on console, etc. That's why I'm trying to build a PC now..and b/c PC gaming is quite a bit ahead as far as graphics, players, connections, etc.

Im going off of this:

Battlefield 3 Minimum Requirements

On PS3 i have NEVER had any network issues playing BCII and since this is going to be another DICE work im not expecting the servers to be any different.

Last edited:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
a 600$ Mid grade PC should be able to play it without a problem. I can play BF2:DC at complete maxed settings/butter smooth on my 460fermi.

I can do that as well on my Laptop, i have an ATI card DX11 with an i5 processor and BF2 runs great, but that game came out over 6 years ago and runs on DX9. Bad Co II requires a memory card that is FAR more powerful than what comes in most PC's to run at max settings. I can only imagine that BF3 would need something equal if not greater since the gameplay is promising to be much more detail enhanced, most computers can probably handle the game just fine, but im speaking on terms of being able to take full advantage of graphics and everything else

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Umm, it was released last year (2010) LOL. I just threw the 2 in the wrong place.

Recommended Req are 512MB mem. the 460 is 1GB, 180$ card. Of course you could always go bigger without spending too much.

Last edited:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
That is true. I havent had a desktop since 2005, it could hardly handle Stronghold II on max setting :( if this overtime keeps coming i might be able to put something together

Users who are viewing this thread