BBK full length headers and matching H pipe

SVT126

Established Member
Hi,

I've heard mixed reviews about BBK's full length header and matching H pipe. i was wondering If anybody has this setup and if its a difficult process to install. Also I was concerned about the sound. I plan to get the Hpipe w/ the Cats but I like the sound I have now (flowmaster 2 chamber) I only want the sound 2 enchance slightly I dont want it sounding like a MAC truck. I've heard some STangs that sound terrible w/ off road pipes.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The install will be a tight fit with the stock K member still in the car. If you plan on changing this out in the near future, I'd wait on the headers until then. If you don't plan on changing out the factory K member, then it can be done. It just requires the motor to be moved around some. I've seen a few people that say they loosened the motor mounts and lifted the motor enough to get the new LT's in place. They say it is tough, but doable.

As far as the sound goes, I think you'll be happy with it. It will be louder, but it shouldn't get too raspy since you are keeping cats. It should sound real similar to the way it sounds now, just a bit louder maybe.

SVTMUST97

Established Member
It was a tight fit for sure. Next step get a K-member so it will be easy to change header gasket.

Users who are viewing this thread