BBK Headers for the 5.0

Skidonenko

Established Member
I got a set of bbk headers in the mail even after the order was cancled and my card was declined, jegs ran it through 3 days after it was declined inittaly. Either way i have to pay postage to send them back so tonight when i get home im going to see what it will take to stuff them in there and it its worth $300 for em

Josh

Blown306

Established Member
:beer: Cool...thanks a bunch! My gut feeling...if it was as simple as denting one of the primaries, more people would have them on their cars. Hopefully I'm wrong. I think it'll be a little involved, but not impossible.

MAC LT's are still on BO :??: However, this may be good news if you see it's MAJOR work. Plan 2 is already in place, I found a shop that will make custom ones for me relatively cheap.

Josh, when you're under there, let me know what you think about possibly re-routing the steering shaft...I've seen some pretty radical setups on some street rods out there. Maybe that's a part of the solution as well...

One more car show this Sunday, then up on the stands she goes!

Last edited:

Skidonenko

Established Member
how would we go about relocatng the shaft? maybe if the steering column was extended you could get more of an angle but you only have so much room unless you had a CV joint made instead of the u joint but that would be alot of work for headers.

What kind of setups have you seen?

Josh

Skidonenko

Established Member
:mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj:
:mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj:

Cancle your order asap, the shaft runs right through 2 of the primaies and part way into a 3rd, they are no ware even close to just dimpling one of em to make it fit. $300 for headers that dont fit. Ill just make my own $50 or less for flanges and 100-150 for pipe

Josh

P.S. Jegs can take ther mag and shove up their @**

sorry ill try to post when calm next time

Last edited:

Blown306

Established Member
Originally posted by Skidonenko
how would we go about relocatng the shaft? maybe if the steering column was extended you could get more of an angle but you only have so much room unless you had a CV joint made instead of the u joint but that would be alot of work for headers.

What kind of setups have you seen?

Josh

I would scrap the factory shaft entirely and go with a 2 CV joint setup to route the shaft out and around the primaries if possible. I've seen a few that made some incredible angles, so much so that I asked the owner if his steering would ever bind!

I'll check some of my Rod catalogs to see if there is a kit that will work. I won't have the car put away for the winter until next weekend though.

Blown306

Established Member
Originally posted by Skidonenko
Cancle your order asap, the shaft runs right through 2 of the primaies and part way into a 3rd, they are no ware even close to just dimpling one of em to make it fit. $300 for headers that dont fit. Ill just make my own $50 or less for flanges and 100-150 for pipe

You know...that's the kind of BS talk (whoever said dimpling 1 primary to make them fit, not your comments) that was the end of TCCoA and the migration of some guys who really knew their stuff :mj:

Ok...other than the steering shaft, how would you describe the fit...doable? Do they clear the starter, trans, floorpan, etc?

I'm not sure if I'm talented enough to make a set of headers :shrug:

BTW, I would argue with Jeg's to pay for the return shipping, they screwed up in the first place... :loser:

Last edited:

Skidonenko

Established Member
They would clear all the engine components, i do have a tremec though, dunno about an auto, dunno about the floor pan though should clear, BUT if that was a problem it would not take much to extend the primaries they are all all the same angle when they turn down before the bend in the collector, the fire wall will clear from the dimensions i got.

Josh

Yeah to bad the info came from the vice pres of the club cough cough mark mccormac cough cough

Blown306

Established Member
Thanks Josh...here's my next couple of million dollar questions for ya:

1) Does the passenger side fit with no mods? (there's 50% of the work completed right there if it does)

2) In your opinion, can the primaries in question be cut and refitted to clear the steering shaft?
(notes: I know I'm crazy for cutting up $300 headers, but like I said, I don't feel talented enough to start from scratch and it's still cheaper for me to do it this way than get custom ones made)

Glad you hear that you can retire the Bird...it really helps when you don't have to rush through mods to have it back on the road to go to work.

MM needs a Harlem Bitch Slap for those comments... :bash:

Skidonenko

Established Member
To be honest i was to pissed a jegs and didnt take a real close look, the only place i would worry about is bumping the pass side shock tower.

As far as refitting the headers yeah it can be done. I would have attempted but found that flanges are very inexpensiveas well as the tubing.

josh

Blown306

Established Member
I picked up a set of SN95 MAC LT's yesterday at a swap meet so I can see how they fit.

They're new, but the guy was cool saying it was no problem to test fit them and return them if they don't fit. He'll let me try other one's as well until I find the best one.

I'll probably start this on Saturday or Sunday...I'll try and take some pics illustrating the problems or solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread