BBk Long Tube Headers

32VDOHC

Established Member
Where I can find these for my '97....American Muscle doesn't apear to carry them. Has anyone else installed these? I have a BBK Catted H-pipe that I would want to connect these up too. Can anyone give some information on where to find these, and pros/cons! Thanks.

Iso

Sounds fast
Established Member
Long tubes are......not a fun install to say the least. My car had the bbk longtubes on when I bought it, but the prev. owner did not use locking hardware so they came loose and I had the joy of re-installing them. If you have access to a lift it will make things much easier for you. I believe with BBK you have to take the passenger side header off if you ever need to pull your transmission out also.

mark23svt

Established Member
They are there just keep looking they are like 469.00 or 539.00 i believe if they are ceramic coated. The only downside to them is that u have to remove the passenger side header when ever u have to remove the trans.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
I went with flowtechs, they have a true 3in collector & you can take the trans out with no probs. Did you check with Livernois motor sports?

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
If you daily drive and get the BBK's, ceremic coated or not, expect them to rust.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
do not get the BBK's, they suck, they dont let you drop the trans without removing the passenger side, and the ceramic coated ones rust like a mother, whatever crap they put on them doesn't hold up, I plan on ditching mine when I rebuild my motor, and will likely step up to a 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 inch header as well.

94venomV8

Established Member
I have some for sale that I will let go cheap. Let me be the first to say that everyone told me that the header had to be pulled to get the trans out and I did it with them both bolted up with no problems, sure the bellhousing rubbed on them coming out but nothing major. Let me know if you want them. I have them ready to go and yes they do have surface rust on them but they sound good and wil help make a little more power. I definitely would not spend $500 on a set though thats for sure. I am letting mine go cheap so Pm me!

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Yep thats them>Flowtech 12114FLT - FlowTech Headers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Does any longtube mid pipe bolt up to these no problem? No I had a custom x pipe made up, we used my old bbk xpipe!!

32VDOHC

Established Member
Does anyone have any numbers on the Flowtech headers? Did they notice any pros/cons on these? Thanks.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
They are hands down the best headers your going to get for the money!
are they gonna rust - yes
do they leak @ the slip fitting - yes
do they make good hp #s - yes
do I hear storys about people using a saw to get them back off the car after some years - yes.

Users who are viewing this thread