BBK LT Headers & shorty catted-H with super 40 catback

ravis217

Wanted: 03/04 Cobra
Established Member
2003 Cobra....with BBK Longtube headers, BBK shorty catted-H pipe and Flowmaster Super 40 catback....think it will be loud enough? or do I need a O/R H pipe? I want deep "bass" like exhaust but not too loud.

Thanks for any input.

Travis

sam23

i have the bbk ceramic coated lt's, o/r h-pipe, and a flowmaster catback (not sure what series). It's pretty loud and has that deep bass, but i liked the way it sounded with stock manifolds, o/r x-pipe and flowmaster catback better

ravis217

Established Member
thanks for the input. I've heard a lot of people say that they like their setup better with stock manifold instead of L/T headers. did you gain any HP from the Headers alone?

I have an O/R H-Pipe and 40 series Flows w/ stock manifolds on my 97 GT now, its loud but a really smooth deep tone. Is yours the same or is it too loud?

sam23

i just bought this 03vert with that exhaust setup and other mods. I don't know how much it gained from the headers, i do know that the o/r h put more power down than the o/r x on the car. I had the flowmaster cb and o/r x on an 03coupe that i just sold

From what I've seen and the price of headers plus install, i'd do every mod in the book before i installed headers. And it will sound better with the stock manifolds imo

most people say they don't see alot of power difference from headers but i'm not sure of the hp gain if your car is heavily modded

DSGGT

Rickdaddy
Established Member
It will be loud and sound good but if you got the offroad H, it would sound 10 times louder and better and deeper. I would get the offroad.

ravis217

Established Member
I just watched the Vid in your Sig DSGGT, that white cobra is SICK.

Thanks for your help in this decision, I think O/R is the right choice

Users who are viewing this thread