Be Careful....

RJCobra

Established Member
When removing the stock blower to get a ported Eaton. Steg's charges $20 for each intercooler bolt that breaks. We tried everything to get those darn things off without breaking them. Ended up breaking 3 out of 10 bolts.

U1arunit

10 Second Club
Established Member
If you heat them up first with a propane torch you'll have a better chance of them not breaking upon removal.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
No problems for me. Just loosen then tighten back up if they bind up. Repeat that process and they come right out.

Juiced-03

Established Member
unit213 said:
No problems for me. Just loosen then tighten back up if they bind up. Repeat that process and they come right out.

Yep, same for me. I didn't break any and didn't use heat either. I pretty much had no clue what I was doing (I'm no mechanic lol) and I didn't have any problems. Just go real slow.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I have done tons of ported blower swaps. Knock on wood have not broken a single bolt. Like the above said, just loosen and tighten back up a little. Be patient and you will be ok.

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
unit213 said:

Yeah I agree I started from the middle on both sides then moved to the outside ones turning each of them the same length a turn or two at a time. Had one that was resisting but just tightened it back up till it felt easy to turn and the loosened it again and it came right out. No heat was used either.

TRBO VNM

another process is tighten them ever so slightly and then remove. Rick@Amazon uses this technique and it works great. that is how he did mine and none broke. also no heat, but that could be another precaution anyway to help out.

Users who are viewing this thread