Be honest, am I a Ricer?!?

Be honest, am I a Ricer?!?

• Yes, you drive a Jap car, hence you are a ricer. It sounds logical to me.

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • No, ricer is a state of mind, not a type of car.

Votes: 173 75.9%
  • Youse guys are all ricers!! And I hates every damn one of ya!!(shakes his fist at me)

Votes: 19 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvoOwner

Now with even MORE ownage
Established Member
Am I a ricer?!? Be honest I can take it. I drive a silver Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. Let me tell you a little more about myself:

1. My car is Japanese.
2. Yes I have a big wing, but my car maker says its functional!
3. I have no neon lights.
4. I have no stickers/decals.
5. The only upgrades I make to my car are performance based.
6. I plan to upgrade my 2.5" exhaust to 3".........................but I will be using a magnaflow muffler!
7. I have no interest in body kits, and even if I did, I still wouldn't install one unpainted and then drive around with a two tone colored car.
8. I have never engaged in ricer fly-bye activities. When I win I give a thumbs up, when I lose I do the same.
9. I acknowledge the strengths and weaknesses of my car and am comfortable talking about them.
10. I have respect for all performance based cars.
11. Sometimes I read car mags but I don't take the numbers all that seriously.
12. I don't drive dangerously.

Now I know this is a hot topic to many of you, so I expect to have a lot of votes with this one!

EvoOwner

Established Member
I wonder if it would have been better to put this in the smack down cafe. Oh well I'll let the mods decide, i just want it to get the most votes as possible.

Last edited:

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
doesn't sound like it. just because a car is japaneese does not mean it is automatically a ricer. I just hate body kits, gay paint color, and STICKERS. A windshield banner is ok but when you start making your car a driving billboard, then I get pissed and try to run you off the road.

Let's see a pic of your car. I really love EVO's.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Sorry, The car is a ricer. In my opinion their are two catagories of "RICER". You drive a ricer, and you are a Ricer. You are the first of these. You drive a ricer. Some people can be ricers that don't even drive ricers. For example, someone takes a mustang and puts over the top ground effects, a wing that is way more than what is needed on any track, and neons on everything. That makes the person the ricer, not the car. Then you actually have a 3rd catagory where the person is a ricer, and they have riced their alread japanese car out even more. No hard feeling, just fact. You drive jap, so it is Rice. The evo is a great performance car, but it is still rice. Sorry, but you did ask the question. No offence.

SVTdubs

Established Member
His car is bone stock though. Even if he put an exhaust on it it still does not have stickers or neon's or even a body kit. He is NOT a ricer. Here are ok mods in my book

exhaust without civilwar cannon tips or that wakes up people trying to sleep in the next state

windshield banners are ok

blow off valves because they sound sweet

upping boost duh

bigger wheels, not so big you cant get traction or you need hydro's

short throw shifter

cold air intake

since your car comes stock with a boost guage, I hope you dont throw 85 guages in there.

That should do it

EvoOwner

Established Member
No offense taken Hissman, I just happen to disagree. I don't think a regular honda car on the road is a rice car. However if you put stickers, neon, ect. on the car, then to me it becomes a rice car.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Evo, you should lend me your car for the winter so I can better decide whether it's rice-worthy or not :p

SVTdubs

Established Member
Originally posted by EvoOwner
No offense taken Hissman, I just happen to disagree. I don't think a regular honda car on the road is a rice car. However if you put stickers, neon, ect. on the car, then to me it becomes a rice car.

exactly:beer:

EvoOwner

Established Member
Let me clarify my mods:

I have an upgraded intake (K&N), a manual boost controller, and a SAFC2 (fuel computer, its like a chip upgrade). My car did not come with a boost gauge, so I mounted one. NOTE: the gauge is not on the a-pillar, dash board, or steering column. It is mounted at the bottom of the center console (where the factory one would be if I got that option, which i didn't because its not as good as my autometer IMHO)

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Originally posted by Hissman
Sorry, The car is a ricer. In my opinion their are two catagories of "RICER". You drive a ricer, and you are a Ricer. You are the first of these. You drive a ricer. Some people can be ricers that don't even drive ricers. For example, someone takes a mustang and puts over the top ground effects, a wing that is way more than what is needed on any track, and neons on everything. That makes the person the ricer, not the car. Then you actually have a 3rd catagory where the person is a ricer, and they have riced their alread japanese car out even more. No hard feeling, just fact. You drive jap, so it is Rice. The evo is a great performance car, but it is still rice. Sorry, but you did ask the question. No offence.

By my definition, he drives a rice car, but is not a ricer. His car is a rice-burner, but is not ricey.

Perfectly respectable in my book.

SVTdubs

Established Member
that sounds like how I would do it if it were my car.

I give him props!!!!!!

how high can you set the boost on those cars safely? Dont they come with 19 pounds stock????

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Why do they call anything rice...because Rice is the primary agrecultural crop in asia. That is why any car from Asia (japan, Korea,etc) is called rice. That is the primary version of rice, then off of that has sprung many other subcatagories of rice. You are not rice, but your car is. Just like I call all asian sport bikes ricer burners.

EvoOwner

Established Member
the stock configuration is 19.5 psi at 4500rpm and then it drops to 16.5psi at 6500rpm (this is the main reason why stock evo's don't feel that strong on the high rpm range). Installing a boost controller allows you to hold the boost at 19.5 throughout the rpm band. The limit of boost is much more related to the quality of gasoline used than confines of the engine. At over 100 octane you can run 24psi safely. People run close to 30psi on this engine though, thats with fuel system upgrades of course.

Last edited:

redghost

Established Member
url]

I disagree with Hissman. You can just be a car enthusist without having to be labeled under one camp. My Honda had 300+ horses and never once did I consider myself a ricer.

I guess if you drive a truck you are a cowboy, if you drive a Vette you have a small penis, and if you drive a Ford you trailor trash.
Just enjoy your car and respect other cars for their abilities. Forget generalizations.

A stupid kid is a stupid kid, but that doesn't mean they are ricers.
:beer:

My damn link isn't working, chech out my other car.:rolling:

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It is all about region. The car is from Asia. It is rice. They probably have a name for all American imports over there. You are confussing the car with the state of mind. My brother has a Tocoma, and I even call it a ricer. It is region, not state of mind. The state of mind ricers are the ones that piss me off. They are the ones with the crazy ground effecs, and oh yeah... their ball cap cocked sideways at a 45 degree angle on their head....you know who you are. Chances are that if you have to ask someone if you are a ricer, then you probably are, or will be soon.

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
no......
some of these guys will say your a ricer if you dont drive a mustang, but i know alot of people that drive imports that spank any mustang or american car and just cuhz they get spanked they say " whate er hes a ricer"
whould you consider this a ricer?

j3.jpg

j2.jpg

we get the ricer thing all the time from american muscle cars when we cruise around, but this car is SICK, and after we spank em they put on a face like
:uh oh: :dw:

this is a ricer...

rice1.jpg

discusting to look at!
you have a nice car on your hands, now modd the bicth
:rockon:

redghost

Established Member
Hissman, you are dicribing a**holes not all people that drive imports. Under your definition, we are rice becuse our clothes com from Asia. So does your TV. Turn on the rice to channel 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread