Beat a Hellcat... WTF?

badjuicedgt

Established Member
I ran a hell kitty with my 03 cobra I ran him 3 times and never saw him then we switched cars and he ended up beating me with my car,I was pretty excited when he wanted me to drive his car and the screen in the center said it was on the 707 horse power setting his was bone stock for sure and my cobra put down 642 horse to the wheels.now dnt get me wrong for a factory car it hauls but it feels like the srt cars they feel heavy,and after driving the hell cat I couldn't wait to drive my car I actually have an appt. to rave my car retuned because the tune is almost 6 years old granted nothing has been changed since then but I wanna go to a hand held tuner rather than the chip it has in it,plus I am going to upgrade the fuel pumps if anyone has suggestions on what to go with I'm all ears it has a kb boost a pump on it now with stock pumps.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
To destroy a hell kitty in a sn95 chassis car (94-98), all you need is about 550rwhp @ 31XXlbs. The older cars will always have weight advantage against the big bruisers of today.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
This was last weekend. Neon green Challenger Hellcat. I figured I was about to get bent over and mercilessly pounded, but wanted to see how close I could hang with the blower and huge weight advantage. I looked over at him and grinned a bit, said "nice car! what year hellcat?" he said "thanks, 2015 - just got it." - I downshifted to second, we both slowed it to 40. I looked back over, he counted it off and... I don't know what the hell happened here but by 65 MPH I had almost a full car on him!

We saw a cop up in the distance so we let off and he turned off to wherever he was headed.

For reference, I have about 520 HP at the crank. I know those cars are heavy, but there's no way this should have happened...

487px-Are-You-Kidding-Me-Rage-Face-Meme-Template-Blank-1024x1008.png

Dalton01cobra

Established Member
I'm gonna assume it was in the 540 key. Plus he has p zeros which suck in higher horse power cars.

2V Terror

Established Member
The Hellcat does have 2 keys. The weak key cuts power to 500 crank hp, it cuts the revs so you can't bring it to redline, softens up the shifts, and does not allow sport mode or use of the paddle shifters. The other key unleashes everything but you can dial in the hp you want. So you can dial it back to 500 if you want. If the car was brand new, then he was probably using the red key and following the proper break-in procedure. Even if he wasn't and the red key was in, then any race would end in him losing horribly as the car is severely handicapped in that mode. Or maybe he saw the cop before you did. Or maybe he just didn't want to really go all in. Or maybe he is still not used to the car. 707 hp is a LOT of hp. And despite that car's weight, it'll still get loose with ease. All things considered, I can see this win happening but I personally would not brag about it or feel completely satisfied with it. 4400 pounds or not, that car is serious. I see cars all the time at the track weighing 4000-4500 and running in the low 11s high 10s at about 550 to the wheels. Don't underestimate them. I take it that after the break-in period and once dude gets comfortable with it things will be a bit different if you see him on the road again.

Users who are viewing this thread