Beat a HONDA!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!

AMD[H]unter

Banned
Friday night I raced a red Civic hatch (supposedly a D series motor with no gas or anything). He came up to the local hangout about 12 or so, and called me out, but I really didn't feel like racing anything that night because I just got off work and was tired. I told him this, and told him to come back Sat night and we might could work something out.
So, he left, and about 30 minutes later, as I was just cranking up to leave, he pulled back up and followed us out. He followed me out onto the circle, and I figured he was going to be a ricer *** and try to race on the circle. Well, he got beside me and goosed it and let off and I heard a BOV....I hollered out the window at him that I wanted to race him now.
We went out to a little road and lined them up, and I honked it off. I hazed the tires thru first and part of second, but was able to steadily put about 2 cars on him before 3rd gear. Once I hit 3rd and then on into 4th I added 2 more cars (guessing...2 lane road...my eyes were on the road, I only glanced at him every once in a while...it was certainly no less than 4, but I ain't claiming any more.) before I shut down. He fell in behind me, and we parked at a little church and stood around and talked for about 20 minutes. He said the car made like 300HP with a GSR motor, with internal work and of course, the turbo. It was a 60 trim turbo, too. He was a really nice guy, and far from the ricer **** I normally see driving Hondas and such.

So yeah. Woopieshit. I beat a Honda....that sounds almost as bad as I beat a paralyzed kid in a footrace.

wlg101190

Established Member
That's it? Just kidding man! Some of those little cars can be REALLY fast, and it hurts my feelings :(. Good kill!

97cobra1

Established Member
the gsr motors are apparently pretty stout from what i hear from the honda guys i know...

still wouldn't own one though :nonono:

tbizzle

Established Member
yeah some of those quick lil bastards hit low 11's down here. shocked the hell out of me the first time i saw that!

kameleon23

Established Member
I used to spank 03 Cobras when i had my civic. It was a B16 with 491Hp at the wheels though. Ran 10.91 in the 1/4....funny thing though, ive never got the looks from the ladies like i do now in my black convertible 10th Anniversary! and im sure i will be runnin that soon in the Cobra once i do a couple more things :rolling:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
So how much money are these guys putting into these motors?? I mean 300 hp is not too impressive imo, and he still has a front wheel drive car. Yeah it is light as hell i'm sure, i'm just curious as to what it costs these guys to hit 300 or so hp. Did he think he was going to win?

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
So how much money are these guys putting into these motors?? I mean 300 hp is not too impressive imo, and he still has a front wheel drive car. Yeah it is light as hell i'm sure, i'm just curious as to what it costs these guys to hit 300 or so hp. Did he think he was going to win?

some of them are just car guys too & want to see how theirs stacks up. Not everybody likes mustangs. He said the guy was decent so no, he probably didn't expect to win but now he knows where he's at.

04SMGIIM3

انا خارج الكلبه
Established Member
AMD[H]unter;6212571 said:
Friday night I raced a red Civic hatch (supposedly a D series motor with no gas or anything). He came up to the local hangout about 12 or so, and called me out, but I really didn't feel like racing anything that night because I just got off work and was tired. I told him this, and told him to come back Sat night and we might could work something out.
So, he left, and about 30 minutes later, as I was just cranking up to leave, he pulled back up and followed us out. He followed me out onto the circle, and I figured he was going to be a ricer *** and try to race on the circle. Well, he got beside me and goosed it and let off and I heard a BOV....I hollered out the window at him that I wanted to race him now.
We went out to a little road and lined them up, and I honked it off. I hazed the tires thru first and part of second, but was able to steadily put about 2 cars on him before 3rd gear. Once I hit 3rd and then on into 4th I added 2 more cars (guessing...2 lane road...my eyes were on the road, I only glanced at him every once in a while...it was certainly no less than 4, but I ain't claiming any more.) before I shut down. He fell in behind me, and we parked at a little church and stood around and talked for about 20 minutes. He said the car made like 300HP with a GSR motor, with internal work and of course, the turbo. It was a 60 trim turbo, too. He was a really nice guy, and far from the ricer **** I normally see driving Hondas and such.

So yeah. Woopieshit. I beat a Honda....that sounds almost as bad as I beat a paralyzed kid in a footrace.

Where are you at in Alabama?

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Cobra = panties dropping

Must be nice to live in the mid west.

Down here in Tampa all the girls know a Cobra is just a v-6 mustang with some body panels and a motor swap. If you want panties to drop a base model Lambo or Ferrari or better is required :shrug:

We have some educated gold diggers down here.

To OP, good race, those little border mobiles can really haul ass given the right setup.

Users who are viewing this thread