Beat a SRT-4, Minicooper S, and a Suzuki GS500

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
On sunday a guy from work and two of his friends met me out at a nicely paved road out in the middle of nowhere.

First race was the SRT-4, mods are catback exhaust and an intake. Very close to stock or stock boost (I'm not really sure).. I wanted to go from a stop but he said no at first, so we went from a 5-10mph roll in 1st gear. Took it all the way up to 125mph and I was about 1/2-3/4 of a car length ahead. Very close race, I didn't pull on him at all until the end of 3rd gear. We did a U-turn on the road and lined them up again, this time I asked for a dig race again and he said alright. I counted them off 1, 2, 3.. He spins for a little and I hooked up pretty fast (nitto NT555s) and leave him by about a 1-1.5 cars in 1st gear.. He stayed there until around the end of 3rd gear then I put another 1/2 a car on him. (about 2 cars in the total).

2nd race was a bone stock minicooper S :dw: , went from a slow roll in 1st gear, I put about 4-5 car lengths on him up to about 110mph.

3rd and last race was a Suzuki GS500 bike, went from a slow roll again :nonono: , it was even until I hit third then I pulled about 2-3 cars on him and pulling hard when he let off. I was pretty surprized that I beat him but he did say that the bike was muchmuch slower than a 600CC.

Pretty good close races out there, I wish I had a camera to bring, I would of had some great vids.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good runs man. and the gs 500 is pretty damn slow as far as bikes go. its probably a high 13 second bike as my best guess.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Good kills. What mods on your 350Z?? I have a LS1 GTO A4 with a diablosport tune and I'd like to know how I'd do against a '04 350Z. A friend of mine(VeeTec on Z and other forums) got his stock 287 hp Z to run a 13.6 at 102. Now he has a '07 306 hp 350Z and it's much stronger over the rpm band.

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
JWT popcharger (which is just an intake filter) with a CF hole cut in my front bumper for a ram air effect with 3" tubing all the way from the cutout to the filter. Other then that, nitto NT555 tires. That's all for now

I've seen his name on my350z.com before, he can drive the hell out of the car. I run a 8.8 @ 80mph in the 1/8th with a 2.0 60', I've beat 3 other 350Z's I have raced but 2 of them had large chrome rims and the other was automatic. It would be fun to race your car but I'm pretty sure your trap speed would be higher then mine, do you have any track times?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread