Beat my 1st bike

shub

Weirdo
Established Member
I was on the freeway on my way home from work the other day, and I see this dude on a bike weaving around behind, finally coming right up on my ass. Traffic was pretty bad at that point, but I knew in about a mile it really opens up, so I just cruise until then.

So when the traffic cleared, I got over into the middle lane to pace him for a bit. I was an older FZR, probably 600ish. He looked over and nodded, so I stuck it in 3rd at about 75 to see if he wanted to go. He did, and right after he hit it, I hit it and pulled until the top of 3rd where he had dropped back about 2 car lengths. I figured there was no need to keep going, so I shut down.

We both got off at the next exit, exchanged thumbs up and went our own ways.

It's definitely not the fastest bike in the world, but still.... Now I know my car can beat at least some of the crotch rockets out there, and in my book, that's pretty impressive.

snake bite 03

any time u can hang with a bike or beat a bike that also means u gotta fast car in my book good job man

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Good kill, they aren't impossible to beat esp a older smaller one on top end. I just picked up a honda old 650 4cyl for 600.00 from g/f bro. Probably beat the cobra off the line to 50-55. Had few races with her bro new yamaha road star, it wasn't even a close race anywhere, esp a stop, I was a lil surprised the road star was that slow against a old baby 650.

shub

Weirdo
Established Member
69gt4speed said:
Good kill, they aren't impossible to beat esp a older smaller one on top end. I just picked up a honda old 650 4cyl for 600.00 from g/f bro. Probably beat the cobra off the line to 50-55. Had few races with her bro new yamaha road star, it wasn't even a close race anywhere, esp a stop, I was a lil surprised the road star was that slow against a old baby 650.

I'ts lame that you can't find a good road bike with decent performance. I have an '85 Yamaha V-Max which rolled out of the factory with 145 HP. I'm a little tired of it, and started looking at newer road bikes. I really don't like the crotch-rocket style bike, and the closest thing Yamaha had was the Warrior, with a mere 90-something HP. I have to say, it's a sweet looking bike, but I'd hate to give up the power I have now.

Users who are viewing this thread