"Because It's Worth It Club." How far did you have to travel to get your Terminator?

99S_V_T

Established Member
drove 20 hours to pick up my TR 03. Round trip on the same day, on the fourth of july, drove from columbia MO to temperance MI, had a blast getting there and even more fun on the way home. :burnout:

nrmustang

Established Member
1st '03 Cobra - within one mile
2nd '03 Cobra - Had it shipped from Cleveland Ohio to Fresno Ca
3rd '03 Cobra - Flew to Pennsylvania and drove it back to California

mts

Established Member
I was ready to buy two plane tickets from NC to Texas to hopefully browse the selection of Cobra's listed at lamotorcars buy one, and me and a friend drive it home that weekend... emailed the salesman, found that even though over 35 were listed as available on the website there was only one in stock, with 127k miles.... in my disappointment over having to start looking all over again i happened to get on cargurus.com and found an '04 screaming yellow less than 30 miles from my house! I guess it was fate, and drove it 30 miles home (vs the 1200+ i would have from texas) 1 week later.

TVSCobra

Established Member
I drove 13.5 hrs roundtrip 5 years ago for my Terminator. Only had CB Exhaust and a Mac intake, 1 owner, 17k miles on it.

GTpower01

Established Member
Flew from Illinois to Missouri and Shipped her home!!! 1800miles bone stock 03 black cobra!!!! MINT Now I have 2100 miles on her!!! Shes a beauty!

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
In 2006 I began a journey from Corpus Christi, TX (Google it) to Bozeman MT and drove back my 2001 over the course of 3 days. Had 23k on the clock back then. Today its almost 120k and just this past March I finally got the title. Would do it again a hundred times over.

Jay15COBRA

Established Member
My wife gave me the ok to sell my 03 GT and said when I did I could start looking for a Cobra. Sold the GT on a Friday, called on a Cobra on Saturday, drove from Flint MI the next Friday with the wife to South Chicago and drove it home 350 miles. Best ride of my life. Redfire Metallic Coupe. 36,000 miles certified pre-owned ford vehicle. JLT cold air JBA x-pipe wcats and JBA exhaust short throw shifter. 03 Snake.

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
I flew to Salt Lake City Utah the day after Christmas 2008 to pick mine up and drive it back to Houston. SLC had suffered a little blizzard the night before and driving out thru the mountains was quite the adventure. Noone understood why, but it was my dream car and I couldn't let the opportunity slip by

johnnynumbers

Established Member
A whole 2 miles lol. Bought my 03 DSG off a member on here, who was also the original owner. After countless messages and phone calls the deal was sealed. Had a transportation company that I trust retrieve it from MI and deliver it to CT. I will never forget the first time I saw it, the car was exactly as described. This was easily one of the best transactions iv ever made.

rus

Established Member
I drove 8 hours round trip. I looked at two other Cobra convertibles before I found the right one. Zinc Yellow. 73,00 miles. Not perfect, but will be.
Fun drive home.

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
Bringing this bad boy back to life because I might be adding to this list sometime in the near future!

Chime in and let me know I'm not alone when it comes to the great lengths we go through to bring these cars home!

jserr68594

Established Member
Bringing this bad boy back to life because I might be adding to this list sometime in the near future!

Chime in and let me know I'm not alone when it comes to the great lengths we go through to bring these cars home!

Did you sell your torch red? I have the exact car you had bought except mine is black and for sale I might add.

Black93Fox

Established Member
Got mine off here from another member last month had it shipped from Ohio to WA state where it is patiently waiting in a storage unit till I get home from overseas. Not gonna lie still nervous about buying a car unseen lol but seen lots of pics.

CobraLov3r

Established Member
Well last month on 12/4/2013 I absolutely fell in love with her after seeing the ad Jerry posted on SVTP. Multiple pm's Jerry was receiving hourly on the car, with people willing to pay more than what he was asking just to keys in their hand. I called Jerry a half hour after he posted it, told him I was a cash buyer and willing to fly down to Greensboro, GA (I'm from CT) immediately to go get it. He closed the post within 24 hours and was 100% committed to selling me the car. After days upon days of clearing my loan, paperwork, plane tickets, finding out the best enclosed trailer company etc. she arrived at home on Christmas Eve 2013 in my driveway. Never been so stressed out on buying something, and it was worth every second. 5400 miles on her when I picked her up, 5700 or so before storage.

DSCN1327_zpsf14b8783.jpg

The day I purchased her ^^
photo_zps55c6db0e.jpg

Dad and I celebrating at the airport after the purchase.
photo_zps94238313.jpg

Finally arrived from Intercity Lines!!
DSC_0116_zps1285a61a.jpg

Her new home in CT!

Last edited:

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
Got mine off here from another member last month had it shipped from Ohio to WA state where it is patiently waiting in a storage unit till I get home from overseas. Not gonna lie still nervous about buying a car unseen lol but seen lots of pics.

I'm sure everything will meet or exceed your expectations Bro! :beer:

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
Well last month on 12/4/2013 I absolutely fell in love with her after seeing the ad Jerry posted on SVTP. Multiple pm's Jerry was receiving hourly on the car, with people willing to pay more than what he was asking just to keys in their hand. I called Jerry a half hour after he posted it, told him I was a cash buyer and willing to fly down to Greensboro, GA (I'm from CT) immediately to go get it. He closed the post within 24 hours and was 100% committed to selling me the car. After days upon days of clearing my loan, paperwork, plane tickets, finding out the best enclosed trailer company etc. she arrived at home on Christmas Eve 2013 in my driveway. Never been so stressed out on buying something, and it was worth every second.

DSCN1327_zpsf14b8783.jpg

photo_zps55c6db0e.jpg

photo_zps94238313.jpg

DSC_0116_zps1285a61a.jpg

Her new home in CT!

Now that right there is a success story! Congratulations and great choice in color :rockon:

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
Did you sell your torch red? I have the exact car you had bought except mine is black and for sale I might add.

I did end up selling her Bro, and I regret every minute of it now. But it has snowed a lot here in VA which is one of my biggest reasons for not wanting one so pristine anymore so I'm not too angry about it. I saw your for sale ad Bro, if I could hack that cash, I would have given you a call a while ago! Ive had to spend quite a bit of money maintaining this long distance relationship im in now... lol, plane tickets are no cheap expense bro.

Black93Fox

Established Member
Well last month on 12/4/2013 I absolutely fell in love with her after seeing the ad Jerry posted on SVTP. Multiple pm's Jerry was receiving hourly on the car, with people willing to pay more than what he was asking just to keys in their hand. I called Jerry a half hour after he posted it, told him I was a cash buyer and willing to fly down to Greensboro, GA (I'm from CT) immediately to go get it. He closed the post within 24 hours and was 100% committed to selling me the car. After days upon days of clearing my loan, paperwork, plane tickets, finding out the best enclosed trailer company etc. she arrived at home on Christmas Eve 2013 in my driveway. Never been so stressed out on buying something, and it was worth every second.

DSCN1327_zpsf14b8783.jpg

photo_zps55c6db0e.jpg

photo_zps94238313.jpg

DSC_0116_zps1285a61a.jpg

Her new home in CT!

Nice love the true red! Santa brought you a cobra on Christmas eve too! Mine got delivered Christmas eve threw montway transport.

Users who are viewing this thread