Beef/Steak

RookieBeotch

Post Whore!!
Established Member
Well I was looking at this website like Allen Brothers Steakhouse something, where they have some of apparently the best beef in the world with that kobe/wagyu well anyways does anyone have any experience with them and does anyone know what cut is probably the most popular. I'm planning to get some for fathers day so I figured I'd ask here.

Side part has anyone ever heard of cookin steaks the first minute or 2 on the grill to sear it then cook the rest of the time in a pan in some olive oil or something.:shrug:

Last edited:

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
When it comes to a nice cut of beef my personal favorite is the bone-in Ribeye. Some of the other popular ones would be the New York strip, T-bone, Porterhouse...and so on.

As far as searing goes..you can sear on either the grill or in a pan with olive oil. If you want to do the pan thing, do it first then grill. For a steak, especially a nice cut...I'd just stick to the grill. Just get the grill pretty hot, I usually wait until the grill starts to get a white ashy look to it before I put the steaks on. Then I'll grill it about 2-3 minutes with the lid closed. Turn them at a 45 degree angle for another 2-3 minutes. Then flip em and repeat. That way you can get the fancy grill marks if thats your thing. I personally like my steaks a little on the rare side so you may need to adjust the time by a few minutes to your liking. Hope everything turns out well for you!

Users who are viewing this thread