Beer Tech

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Since several of us old timers enjoy brews from the Kalamazoo Brewing Company, I thought I'd make others aware of some new choices:

http://www.bellsbeer.com/wheat.asp
I picked up six packs of wheat 2 and wheat 4 tonight. Very interesting brew's - they are on either side of Oberon for cloudiness and taste. I am interested in trading a couple of bottles with anyone who picks up 6, 8, or Wheat Love.

They have also added Twentieth Anniversary and Batch 7000 Ale - both sound very interestesting.
http://www.bellsbeer.com/brands.asp

Back to some serious drinking....

dougwg

Established Member
LarryBell said:
FYI:
The Kalamazoo Brewing Co., Inc. has officially changed its' name to Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Labels will undergo this change over the next year.

In many ways it has to do with us working on a custom bottle and the rules of the TTB. Plus, the office staff is very tired of saying " yes, this is bell's."

Bell's is currently undergoing a very large expansion which will be completed next year and will double our capacity.Please be patient while we work to get you all the beer you want.
:rockon:

bnmestrouse

COBRAd
Established Member
For those that want to do something north of eight mile, beer drinking may be the key. BW3 up along 275 anywhere? Maybe meet at some MCT house? Is that close enough for both Toledo and Metro area?

Beer is a good enough reason to meet up if everyone has their cars put away. Which you should not have done yet anyway!! But if you can put away the car, may as well put away some beer and wings too.

Just one suggestion if we do decide a beer meeting is planned. Make a time and stick with it. That breakfast get together idea was a good one, but not having a meeting time is just hack planning. Not everyone can meet up at the same time so just make a time and place and all that can, will be.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Update: Bought some Bell's 20th anniversary last night - good stuff! Now to find that batch 7000.

BTW, there is a BW3 in Novi at fountain park by hooters.

bnmestrouse

COBRAd
Established Member
Next week would be a good time since it's a short holiday week. Cheap wings Tuesday at BW3 is good for me, and I don't care what location really.
Monroe is approx. 15-20 miles to the BW3 for me.
Livonia somewhat further, but I don't mind driving there.

How far from Livonia to Monroe Midlife?

What time can you guys meet with work schedules etc?

Anyone else in for some pre-holiday get together?

I want to learn all I can about beer. The technical aspects interest me.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
MidLifeC said:
Update: Bought some Bell's 20th anniversary last night - good stuff! Now to find that batch 7000.

BTW, there is a BW3 in Novi at fountain park by hooters.

A guy I work with told me he bought a 6 pack of batch 7000. It is $17 per 6 pack, but he said it is good beer. Anything Bell's is good in my book. Try Merchant's Warehouse, lots of different kinds of beer. There is one in Dearborn on Mich. ave near Oakman.

seanwr400

Established Member
bnmestrouse said:
Next week would be a good time since it's a short holiday week. Cheap wings Tuesday at BW3 is good for me, and I don't care what location really.
Monroe is approx. 15-20 miles to the BW3 for me.
Livonia somewhat further, but I don't mind driving there.

How far from Livonia to Monroe Midlife?

What time can you guys meet with work schedules etc?

Anyone else in for some pre-holiday get together?

I want to learn all I can about beer. The technical aspects interest me.
Either one works for me to. Let me know.

bnmestrouse

COBRAd
Established Member
Sean: If nobody from north of Monroe joins in I will meet at the BW3 in Monroe on Tuesday. See if anyone from the Toledo area joins in, but as I remember you work along 275 and Carlton Road, right?
Monroe will convenient on your way home so just let me know when you get off work and I will be up that way. I'm assuming BW3 is along Telegraph Road near Meijers?

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
MidLifeC said:

Batch 7000 may be VERY difficult to find at this point...it is available only in October.

I have been enjoying the Winter White Ale recently...very good stuff...but Oberon is still #1 IMO...but not in season now. :beer:

CLICKY for all the info on Bell's brands and their availability chart. :read:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Have you guys ever tried Coors light.
Thats my favorite.

JP :beer:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
JP said:
Have you guys ever tried Coors light.
Thats my favorite.

JP :beer:

Cheap beer for next year's dreamcruise :uh oh:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
MidLifeC said:
Corona, Coors?

You gentlemen need some schooling in quality beer.

Or deep pockets like you. :poke:
I drink to get DRUNK not for taste.
$17 dollars a 6pack. :eek:
Thats 8 40oz-ers of Old English and a pack of smokes for me. ;-)

JP

seanwr400

Established Member
bnmestrouse said:
Sean: If nobody from north of Monroe joins in I will meet at the BW3 in Monroe on Tuesday. See if anyone from the Toledo area joins in, but as I remember you work along 275 and Carlton Road, right?
Monroe will convenient on your way home so just let me know when you get off work and I will be up that way. I'm assuming BW3 is along Telegraph Road near Meijers?

Yep, right on my way home. Niether is out of the way much though. You have a PM...

Users who are viewing this thread