Before going in for repaint mystic pictures

Nerevarine

Established Member
Here are some pictures of my 1996 mustang that I took before I took her into the paint shop. Figured I would do a before and after.
29d44e14-9746-4049-9d9b-14d3262dfb88_zpspuolv98f.jpg
fd2ed7e2-75c6-435b-87ea-ad27e8c44775_zpstq4rumuy.jpg

49c4ae1d-a968-44e6-8bcf-dbe15297e156_zpsicki37zs.jpg
42e17ff7-fda1-4a01-ac05-40f12ab6d722_zpsuljpfw91.jpg

I will upload the after pictures once she gets out of the paint shop. :)

Nerevarine

Established Member
I got Quoted at around 5400 Dollars. From the looks of it i am pretty sure the guy who had the car before me buffered it way to much and left it in the sun. I have had the car for 6 years now and am finally in a financial position to make her beautiful again.

redrocket16

Established Member
The previous owner didn't buff it too much the clear coat just sucks on our year models. Where are you located and who is painting it for you?

Rick98Z

Established Member
Congrats hope it turns out well, mine is in even worse condition with rust on roof :( mine was Florida car never garage kept and parked under a tree a lot my first owner :( can't wait to see your finished product!!!

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Wow, congratulations man! I'd be so pumped for some fresh mystic paint.

OneSicMystic

TheDarkHorse
Established Member
Can't wait to see it done bro. I want to get mine done soon. My local body shop estimated $8k for mine lol. They are contracted with PPG to only use their paint so they said a whole repaint would be about $4500 just for paint... Nope

OneSicMystic

TheDarkHorse
Established Member
I don't know if you've done any research on the paint or not but you shouldn't be paying out the arse for it anymore. The patents have expired from BASF and they've since released the paint. Most body shops will just try to shaft you on it. Please share any info on the paint too that you can. Looking forward to seeing her done

95svt_dn

Established Member
I don't know if you've done any research on the paint or not but you shouldn't be paying out the arse for it anymore. The patents have expired from BASF and they've since released the paint. Most body shops will just try to shaft you on it. Please share any info on the paint too that you can. Looking forward to seeing her done

Good point, it shouldnt be as pricey anymore. It seems there are many companies duplicating the Mystic color(s) now. Also looking forward to seeing this repaint! I feel like I can always tell a repainted Mystic from stock.

OneSicMystic

TheDarkHorse
Established Member
I've been quoted $500 a gallon or $75 for a spray can of actual oem based paint. My body shop quoted me $4500 just for paint for a respray. They want $8-9,000 for total job. Insane

Users who are viewing this thread