being built today

black mba

Established Member
ordered the gt500 on july 11 and the build date was on friday.
a former c6 zo6 owner and a vette guy for 15 years.i hope im going to be happy with this beast ,thanks guys

rancid

Established Member
Grats. I had an atomic orange Z and loved that car for the short period I had it but am glad I got a Shelby this time.

Worst case sell or trade the Shelby if you don't like it on a C7 :D

willfong

Established Member
Congrats - on your GT500 as she should be built by now. Mine was likely started today as my Blend or Built date is 10/02/12. I wished it was NOT started today as I worry about the old saying about NOT to buy an American car made on a Monday or Friday! Haha. Hope these days the saying isn't true anymore!

Last edited:

finsrin

Established Member
Congrats..... Does it seem like cosmic vibes are emanating from Flat Rock direct to you on build date as a reminder the waiting dream is now turning into reality?

daytripper

Established Member
Congrats - on your GT500 as she should be built by now. Mine was likely started today as my Blend or Built date is 10/02/12. I wished it was NOT started today as I worry about the old saying about NOT to buy an American car made on a Monday or Friday! Haha. Hope these days the saying isn't true anymore!
I dont think the robots are cognizant of time or date .

willfong

Established Member
I dont think the robots are cognizant of time or date .

These days yes most of the assembly is done by automated machines but much of the assembly is still done by humans. Especially the engine build on the GT500 which is by a small group of Ford engine builders working in a few teams to put these Trinity engines together.

jbs$

Established Member
Daytripper, my car's birthday is also today, 10/02/12. Last four numbers of the vin.# 8229. How close are we together?

black mba

Established Member
thanks to all im sure im going to love it if not like Rancid said traded for a zr1

Users who are viewing this thread