Being self employed.......how nice

Yup so 2 weeks ago I left my full-time job at Lexus to start my mobile car detailing business. (And partly because I have to start football practices on June 20th, gotta make my own work schedule). But anyways, last week I did 3 details, @ $150 a piece, so thats $450 in one week with less than 12 hours worth of work. Point being, I sleep in everyday, go work out, do my cardio, come home, eat and go to the beach and just relaaaaaxxx. At the same time, Im making more money than I did at my 50+ hour a week job. Now Im working on adverting and Im trying to get my name out to the San Diego area.....because if I can do 5+ details a week, Ill have enough $$ for a down payment on an 03 cobra in no time...

Anyways, who else here is self employed?

-Joe

Blackie

I am seriously considering going in into the tinting business myself. I've been working the last 5 years for Johnson Window Films so I have the knowledge of how the business/industry works...but it's still scary...

Good luck with your business! :beer:

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Congrats! Hope it works out for you. $450 a week is pretty cool.. Especially since you have the potential for more. Have you considered getting your business license and maybe posting up a description in the yellow pages?

Yea, business license is next step, along with incorporating my name. Yea, and If I did 2 details a day for 5 days, thats $1500 in one week........ahhh. Im getting there.

I know you guys prob detail your own snakes, but if anybody in San Diego wants a detail (could be friend or family car) lemme know!

-joe

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Capt. Shockwave said:
Yea, business license is next step, along with incorporating my name. Yea, and If I did 2 details a day for 5 days, thats $1500 in one week........ahhh. Im getting there.

I know you guys prob detail your own snakes, but if anybody in San Diego wants a detail (could be friend or family car) lemme know!

-joe

That's exactly what i'd do. I'd do 2 details a day/5 days a week and have the weekends off. I would schedule one after breakfast around 10 or so. Then, i'd schedule one around 2 after I had lunch, pretty much then from 4-5pm on out to do whatever you want :beer:

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Also, the more I think about it, the more i'd just keep saving my money and buy a snake cash, since i'd be pulling in $1500 or so weekly.

NipplelessHorse

Established Member
Heh, I wouldn't say that I'm self employeed, but i've done some free-lance photography work and I've run a couple servers on the internet which brought in a few bucks here or there. My mother on the other hand has been self employeed for over 25 years as an interior designer. I think she likes it for the most part, the only real problem is job security since sometimes she doesn't have clients for this week or the next, or her clients cancle on her.

And right now, Job Security is my biggest problem, that why right now Im busting my ass trying to advertise and gain more clients. its hard, like next week, I have a few potential details, but no appts. which is kinda scary. Ill get there though

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
don't forget 2 important things - save $ for taxes next year, get insurance plan. all the money you are making can disappear into the red if you get sick or injured.

Users who are viewing this thread