Belltech 3/4 drop pics?

donovanl1685

Established Member
Does anyone have this kit installed and has pics? also what shop is the best to buy this from Thanks! Donovan

slow232

I
Established Member
P1050616.gif

P1050612.gif

There is a pic in my signature too.

203Cree

Established Member
There two different kits, your link is the cheaper one that only includes front coils. If you want to compare prices then Summit sells that kit for $4 more ($588). My link is to the kit with the spindals included.

Belltech 916ND - Belltech Lowering Kits - summitracing.com

That's not a 3/4, i'ts a 2/3. It's two entirely different kits. He wants the 3/4, not the 2/3 that you linked in the first place. Not a big deal really, just sayin....

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
Not a big deal really, just sayin....

So how is Belltech 916ND and 916NDBLT different kits?

The first link and most drop kits from BellTech are only a 3/4 drop for regular F-150's. For a L it's a 2/3 drop since the vehicle is lowered stock.
Check the BellTech site, just saying...

Last edited:

203Cree

Established Member

The first link and most drop kits from BellTech are only a 3/4 drop for regular F-150's. For a L it's a 2/3 drop since the vehicle is lowered stock.

It actually figures out to more like a 2/5 drop since yes, the stock L front springs are shorter already, but the rear gets dropped more than 4 since it's the leaves that are different on the L's, not the hangars or shackles.

And the two kits are different because the first one you linked to, which is 700 and some odd bucks, is spindles and shackles where as the one I linked is springs, shackles and hangars. You get almost as much drop in the front (mine went 3 total) and way more in the rear for less money.

Belltech is funny with how they name things. One little letter in the part number will get you a myriad of different shit on your doorstep. Not the smartest company out there, but then again lots of people are like that as well.

And oh, BTW, trust nothing they say on their site or on the phone, because according to them, the 3/4 kit doesn't even fit on Lightnings. They have monkey's working in the tech center apparently. We've had this discussion in here about them before. :beer:

Stinger2007

Established Member
ha ha hahaha

Sorry! My day hasn't started off so well, the new rims I just ordered have been lost in transit, NOT FUNNY. But, I laughed when I read this.

Again, sorry.;-)

MJG

Established Member
My shop guy said it was a PITA, he thought it was going to be relatively easy as he had done regular f150s in the past, what was suppose to be 4 hours turned into me picking it up a day later

203Cree

Established Member
My shop guy said it was a PITA, he thought it was going to be relatively easy as he had done regular f150s in the past, what was suppose to be 4 hours turned into me picking it up a day later

There's the easy way and the hard way.

The hard way involves an angle grinder and an air chisel.

The easy way involves a torch, an air chisel and some balls.

He probably did it the hard way if it took him that long. I think we did my hangars in about an hour. In fact, it took longer to put the new ones on than it did to take the old one's off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread