Belltech 3/4 Drop

J15BIG

Established Member
Has anyone had any problems with the Belltech 3/4 drop? I was looking at belltech application guide the only thing I see for
99-01L's is the 2/2 drop. Anyone have any information on this?

thanks
joe santana

TampaSVT

Established Member
BellTech does make a 3/4 drop for the F150's. It's truely a 2/4 drop since our trucks sit 1" lower in the front than stock already.

The kit includes front springs (2" drop)
Rear Hangers(2" drop)
Rear Shackles(2" drop)

Ignore the drop on the front. It's a full 3", but the rear is what you get with the BellTech 3/4 kit. You can achieve the lower front drop by trimming the springs.

F150online.com Online Store has the 3/4 kit available online for a really good price.

272-290-2454.jpg

J15BIG

Established Member
thanks for the info, nice L.

do you think that any suspension shop will be willing to trim the springs for me or do I have to have someone else do it? I am goin to email the shop today and see what they say. also, i saw in your signature that you had nitroactive shocks. did those come with the kit or did you buy them seperatly? if you bought them seperatly, what do they do, smoother ride????

thanks for all of the info and i wanna say that you have been a really big help to me. thanks

TampaSVT

Established Member
I'd probably go with the springs that come with the BellTech kit first and see if you like the ride. The BellTech shocks aren't bad.
I have them on now with the full 3" drop.

A suspension shop will still be able to do an alignment at this point. Cutting the springs takes it too far down. You'll hunt all over to find a shop that will try to give you a real allignment.

Don't forget about the cam adjust kits if you decide to do either drop. It's the only way that they can even attempt a re-allignment.

Hope that helps.

Rich

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
They are put in where the upper control arms attach to the frame. It is what they use to adjust the front end. Ford puts a non-adjustable block in from the factory.

J15BIG

Established Member
so after they install the kit, what else would they have to do alignment wise(toe in, camber, etc..)? if i need the cam adjust, why dont they sell it with the kit? if i didnt have the cam adjust, what would happen?

J15BIG

Established Member
forget my last post, i now know why i need it. Is the "97-01 Alignment Kit F-150, Expedition, Navigator" what I need? If so, where can I get the kit?

thanks
joe santana

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
You'll need 2 of the bolt kits. NAPA seems to have good pricing on this part. Their part number is - NCP2642953.

If you don't have a NAPA store near you, you can order them from NAPA Online for ~$16 each if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread