Belltech drop leafs, Nitro II shocks and shackles

2tonOfun

Established Member
I just installed these parts on my truck and thought I would post about the results in case anyone was looking for feedback.
The install was smooth.
I used the lower hole (less drop) on the shackles and so I think it netted me about a 5" drop (on my 03). That with one coil cut off my stock front springs and the truck sits perfectly even, or that is to say that the fender gap is exactly the same front and back. My measurement from axle center to fender lip is exactly 17".
The ride is pretty stiff.
I could see where some people might not like it. I don't mind it.
I have a panhard bar and traction bars out back as well and the truck hooks pretty good and corners VERY good with no rear end sway at all.
Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out there for those doing a search.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
That's some good info. I will be looking into doing this to mine too once i get it. I have to watch how low i go because we dont have the best of roads here. I might stay away from shackles though because i hear the ride is rough.

chrisheltra

Established Member
I have a TVS and my measurment are 17.5 in front and rear that with the front Iso taken out an a 1 inch rear shackle. Im not sure you got a full 5" drop

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
the panhard alone takes a lot of slop out of the rear....hookin and jabbin wooohooo

DexwarL

Established Member
I have the belltech leaf springs also but it was to stiff for me so I removed one of the leafs and now I think it is perfect.

2tonOfun

Established Member
Here are those photos (taken today) of the drop.
truck_drop1.JPG

truck_drop2.JPG

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
are the rear springs a multi-leaf spring? The only set i've ever seen is a single leaf...

83 5oh

Wait, Wait...Thats a Cat?
Established Member
how much did you pay for the parts? and did you remove the fron iso's with along with cutting one coil? I've been trying to get a drop for a while now and crap just keeps comming up. i now have some cash to put in it and what you have sounds like what i want to do.

2tonOfun

Established Member
how much did you pay for the parts? and did you remove the fron iso's with along with cutting one coil? I've been trying to get a drop for a while now and crap just keeps comming up. i now have some cash to put in it and what you have sounds like what i want to do.

Well, I paid $158.00 on ebay for the leafs and shocks, brand new plus $25.00 for shipping !!!!! (those things are heavy) the guy was very cool and I got a great deal! The shackles were $40.00 at ORW. And I think I paid $159.00 for the panhard bar.

I left the isolators in the front.

I do still have another hole on the shackles but there isn't much axle travel left. I already cut the crap out of the bump stops and the bracket on the diff for my panhard will hit the bed when they are bottomed out.

I love the look of trucks that are slammed but this is my daily driver and I don't want to have to live with something that I can't go over speed bumps and in and out of driveways with out creeping. I had a mustang like that and I got tired of it. I think it's low enough for now. It's still functional.

Users who are viewing this thread